Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Fangame contest.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Fangame contest. Reply with quote

Greetings!

This is the official announcement thread for the Summer 2010 OHR Fangame Contest!

The contest will revolve around all things fandom related, but mostly OHR games that are fan related. What, exactly, makes a game a fangame will be covered later. For now, I'm sure you've all got some ideas of how this will work.

Rules:
1. To participate, one must create a game with the O.H.R.RPG.C.E. (please include a version of game.exe that is compatible with your game). The creation of this game must be done completely within the time period of the contest, which is May 31st till June 15th.

2. One must upload their Fangame entry to either SlimeSalad or Castle Paradox and notify me, that they are entering, and what game they are entering with.

3. Ripping graphics is more than O.K., it's expected. These are Fangames and so I'm sure lots of graphics with needed to be copied to make they Fangame you want.

4. Voting will be done by anyone who has the will to log on to Castle Paradox or SlimeSalad and post their vote on the official voting thread that will be created at a later time.

5. All rules ( even ones yet to be thought up ) and regulations are interpreted by me, and as such I have the final say in their meaning. Rules can and will be changed at any time that I deem necessary up to and including the posting of the results of the contest.

VOTING:
As mentioned in rule 4, Voting will be done by anyone who has the will to log on to Castle Paradox or SlimeSalad and post their vote on the official voting thread that will be created at a later time.

It will begin on June 16th, and will end on June 30th.

Games will be voted for, as we have voted for game in many other contests, on a scale of 1 - 10. Every voter is urged to vote for every game.
Your vote post should look something like this:

Aerosmith vs. The Care Bears - 9
Seinfeld teaches typing - 2
The Terminator in Wonderland - 7
Not So Super Mario Bros. - 4
Classical Music Rocks - 1

You don't have to vote for every game in the contest, and the final score entries receive will be taken from a combination of the average score it received and the bonus points it earned.

Prizes:
I believe Fenrir-Lunaris has agreed to supply participants with Slimebucks based on their standing at the end of voting.

The participate whose entry has the highest average score at the end of the voting period will receive a custom item from Cafe Press.

Other stuff:
The definition of Fangame is a game that is based off of an idea that is not the game's creator's idea. This can include cartoon characters, music, literature, or anything else of this nature. Some examples might be a game about the show Seinfeld, about the Band Aerosmith, or about the Care Bears. Or even all three at once. If there's a Fangame that you want to make, and you're not sure if it fits this definition, then first, it's probably not, and second, feel free to ask me if I'd allow it.
NO FANGAMES based on OHR characters. I'm sorry, I'd hate to limit your creativity but at the same time, it happens all the time anyways.
J_Taylor
The Self-Proclaimed King of Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... is there a limit to how long this game should be? Cuz I only just found out about it, leaving me one week.
Shattered Alliance: .05%

See a pattern forming? I do, dammit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the contest deadline was extended to the 20th.

I am probably going to enter a short game myself... if I have time. i only started yesterday :)
J_Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Well, since the last day I'll have internet BEFORE the 20th is thursday, I get two more days. More time to try and get stuff done, I suppose.

Quote:
I am probably going to enter a short game myself... if I have time. i only started yesterday Happy

Hehe. You still got a day ahead of me. AND I'm gonna be just planning today. Then again, I might get into a little making. Who knows?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had entered this contest, I may have made a fan game based on (the music video to) Smooth Criminal. Alas, the contest period coincides perfectly with my exams AND numerous assignment due dates. Well, actually, probably a blessing... it would probably have turned out badly.
J_Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours probably would've turned out badly?

You haven't seen mine yet.

But I am DETERMINED to get it finished and uploaded before the contest ends.

Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wohrs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: