Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Groovy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravenshade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Groovy Reply with quote

I recently, somehow managed to install Groovy on my Ubuntu installation, with Haskell still ticking me off because the language is neither logical, structured, easily readable...and the tutorials are just as bad. (My opinion).

Any way, I recently installed Groovy and I'm shocked, this is my first taste of a scripting language to be perfectly honest and so far I can't say anything bad about it.

Logical, readable and understandable code (something many languages don't like to do both of). With the instant feed back that functional languages like to provide.

Of course...no comparison to hspeak ^_^ (how much of a suck up did you need again?) Ha ha ha!

Campaigning for Linux! Down with Win.exe!

PS. It's mean to replace words just because you don't like them ¬_¬ moderators...
AJHunter
Probably Naked

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of Ubuntu...
If I update to 10.04 LTS, will I lose all my files?
Ravenshade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely unlikely. Though a back up is recommended, just like every other operating system, never know if a new update will introduce bugs. Well it's not windows so you're not so likely to encounter any. Ha ha ha!

PS. It's mean to replace words just because you don't like them ¬_¬ moderators...
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had really good luck with updating Ubuntu. I have been using it since 7.04, and I have only had to do a full re-install once, and that was because I got a new computer :)

Although personally I like to wake a few months after a release before I update because (A) the mirrors are really slow in the first couple weeks (B) sometimes stuff* breaks, and if you wait a couple months, you will always find somebody who has already solved the same breakage in ubuntuforums.org

(* When I say stuff breaks, I mean that sound support or hibernation support breaks. It is always one of those two for me. Nothing else of any significance has ever broken for me on upgrade)
Ravenshade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I had to do a reinstall was because I screwed up when trying to manually force out a program. ...ended with a recursive deletion. Took fifteen minutes to do a reformat and reinstall.

wait...isn't that the start up time for vista >__>

AJHunter
Probably Naked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to do like, 10 reinstalls, but that's because 9.04 wasn't compatable with my hardware, so I kept on trying to install it. I'm so happy! I have been using Ubuntu for a year, and I just installed Lucid server in a virtual machine on my Mac (but only because I needed practice for my UCP, and only on the Mac because my Ubuntu machine has a one GB hard drive and 2 GB of RAM).

Do I put too much in parentheses?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Paradox Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: