Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Composer Located! (Motrya)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JSH357

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Composer Located! (Motrya) Reply with quote

Well, my development on Motrya has run in to a wall. SDHawk has given up his post as music composer to pursue other interests, which leaves me at something of a standstill. I am nearing halfway completion of the first demo of this game, and my graphics man is at about the same percentage.

Our plan was to release the demo if it had everything ready- my portion, Newbie Power's graphics, and Hawk's music. We knew the music would be the longest wait, and planned to continue working on the game regardless of whether or not it was done.

I have two plans now. 1. If I can find a new composer, We'll pretend Hawk was never on the team (sniff, sniff) and move on as planned. 2. If I can't find a composer, I'll take the classical music route. This is not ideal, but could potentially work out.

So... this is my plea. Any OHR music composers, we are open. Motrya is a fantasy RPG, which you can see details about here:
http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2811

We want to make the game presentable to the general public (not specifically OHR users) and Newbie Power has put forth great effort to make it look nice and do so. As such, we would prefer a composer capable of working beyond the MIDI format.

The motivation for working with us will vary depending on what you want. If you just want to test your music-making muscle and don't care about profit, we'll be happy to work with you. If you require payment, name your terms (private message please). The game has no budget, but I have already opened my pockets for the graphics, so you have a good chance of profiting assuming your terms are not too steep. I'm not rich, but but I will do what I can. However, if you do want payment, I need to be certain that you will deliver; this is a serious project that Newbie Power and I have regular meetings about, and we fully intend to complete it.

The style of the game is similar to Chrono Cross: it has a morose, sad atmosphere. However, we are open to any ideas about the kind of music that would be acceptable. I can send an alpha copy of the game to any serious applicants (some of Hawk's old work in progress is still in the game) to see if they think they can handle it. I also have a list of the "wanted" tracks, which is flexible.

Thanks for hearing me out. I know composers are a rare breed in this community, and I appreciate you guys.

Last edited by JSH357 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
JSH357

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just received the first sample tracks from Camdog (one of, I believe, six responders I sent the file). They are definitely good, and I'm looking forward to hearing from others too.

This is making me think, though, I might be better off working with multiple composers on this one. Maybe having a list of the needed tracks and everyone selecting a few they want to do. That way nobody would have to do the entire game.

Anyone who was interested already, how does that sound? I can go either way, really.
JSH357

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This position has been filled by VampiDucki.

Thanks, everyone who replied! It means a lot to me. I liked just about everything I heard in response (OK, everything) but in the end, VampiDucki's style fit the game better than anyone else's. Keep up the good work, composers of OHR Land.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: