Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Round III - 2009 48 Hour Contest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meatballsub
Divine Bovine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Round III - 2009 48 Hour Contest Reply with quote

This third starting period of the 2009 48 Hour Contest has officially begun!

You will have from now until Sunday, December 27 11:59PM EST to complete your entries. You must upload your entries to either SS or CP and send me a link (or link them in this thread) so that I will know that
you completed your entry on time.

Round III will feature multiple themes. You may choose from any of the following and even use multiple themes if you choose to do so. Two of the three themes are repeats of the previous themes; Thanksgiving and

Christmas. This allows those who wanted to enter for these before but weren't able to do so now. Contestants who have already entered in previous rounds may also choose to make another game with the same theme.

However, additions to previously submitted games will not be accepted as an entry for this round.

Here are the themes:

Thanksgiving

I chose this one first because it hasn't been done before (as far as I know). We've had Christmas, Halloween, and other types of contests, but what about Thanksgiving? The only Thanksgiving-themed game I know

of is Thanksgiving Quest, and that may just be because of the title.

So some of you may be saying, "How the crap am I supposed to make a game about Thanksgiving"?

You don't have to make your game follow the MEANING of Thanksgiving. However, your entry should be heavily influenced by as many of any of the following Turkey Day elements as you would like. You must

implement at least one or you will be disqualified:

Turkey(s)
    Feasts
    Pilgrim(s)/Settler(s)
    Native American Indian(s)
    Fall
    Journeys by Sea
    Early British Colonies, such as Plymouth
    Farming/Agriculture
    Thanksgiving (the meaning of--if one could pull this off into an enjoyable game, I would be impressed)

So even though the theme is Thanksgiving, it really has nothing to do with the meaning of Thanksgiving (unless you want it to). I think the list above allows the possibility for many types of games.

Christmas

Self-explanatory

and...

Businesses

Some people were expecting New Year's, so I decided to do something completely different. The idea behind the business theme is to create a game surrounding the idea of some sort of business. It does not

necessarily have to be business-simulator (like Entrepreneur or Help Wanted), but rather a game that just revolves around a business or providing a service (such as Burger Time for the NES) . Feel free to make some sort of business simulator if you like though. This one may be a little confusing, so if you

have any questions, please let me know.

Have fun, and good luck!
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAGE SLAVE: Manifesto of A Have-Not
http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=993

I'm going for the Triple Crown! A return to my nonsensical origins, to boot. Hope you all enjoy it, and hope everyone has a happy new year. Come on guys, I know it's a bum weekend for it, but let's finish this thing strong. Don't let me be the only one to enter something this weekend.
J_Taylor
The Self-Proclaimed King of Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's up to me, you will be. Sorry Gizmog. I have a game half-made, so maybe it'll be out next month, but I got busy today, due to helping to clean the chimney and fix the roof. Sorry. Neutral
Shattered Alliance: .05%

See a pattern forming? I do, dammit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, unfortunately I can't enter though I would have done so if it were two days later. Instead, maybe I'll work on an update to Fall?
Meatballsub
Divine Bovine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time's up (although I will accept entries for 30 more minutes, though I doubt there will be any). Here are the entries:

Wage Slave: Manifesto of a Have-Not by Gizmog1
http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=993

Thanks for the support, Giz. Meh, I knew it would be a bit of a bummer as far as amount of entries go. My fault though. I promise you guys that if I host it next year I will not make the same mistake. I do appreciate the support from the Giz though on this round.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I'd forgotten about The Cave Of Immense Riches. A classic!

Funny, last weekend when the theme seemed to be rather late materialising, I was actually hoping that it would be delayed a week, because I couldn't enter that weekend (I was working on Ypsiliform and hoping to finish everything to be done - didn't happen that weekend, opps). It just turned out that one week later was even worse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: