Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Final Rules for 2009 48 Hour Contest + Prizes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meatballsub
Divine Bovine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Final Rules for 2009 48 Hour Contest + Prizes Reply with quote

RULES AND DETAILS

So the holidays are coming up and it might be difficult for many to commit time to create a game, even in just 48 hours. That’s why there will be three different start dates throughout December where you can start and finish a game. It doesn’t matter if you choose the first, second, or last start date. In fact, you can participate in all three starting points if you choose to do so.

All entries will be voted on together at the end of the contest.

Saturday, December 5 - 12AM EST to Sunday, December 6 11:59PM EST

Saturday, December 12 - 12AM EST to Sunday, December 13 11:59PM EST

And Saturday, December 19 - 12AM EST to Sunday, December 20 11:59PM EST

- You must use the OHRRPGCE.

- Ripped graphics are not allowed (unless they are from some of your own games).

- You may have multiple entries if you like, but only one per starting period. In other words, three in total and no more than one for each theme.

THEME

The themes of the contest will be announced a few minutes before each starting period and will be found in new topics on CP and SS. There will be three themes that will correspond with the three starting periods.

To prevent excessive use of premade graphics and scripts, your entry must be heavily influenced by the theme else you will start with a negative amount of points going into the voting stage. For example, if the theme was about Thanksgiving and all you did was implement a turkey or pilgrim into your game, you will fail.

If it is extremely obvious that you did not bother with the theme, then you will be disqualified.

VOTING

Voting will start on Monday, December 21 and end on Wednesday, December 30 at 10PM EST.

- Everyone that is a member of the forums is welcome to vote but contest participants are REQUIRED to vote.

- Vote for your three most favorite games. You number one will equal three points, two = two, and third will be for one point.

- You MAY NOT vote for your own game.

- Votes MUST be submitted via PM on Castle Paradox or Slime Salad.

PRIZES

First place - $25

Second Place - $15

Third Place - $10

In the event of a tie, the rewards will be split amongst the winners. Sorry, but my wife would laugh at/spit at/leave me if I spent more than $50 total on a game contest.

Payment will be made via check or Paypal. You can also ask me to purchase something online for equal or lesser value and that count as your prize.

RESULTS

The results will be tallied and published in January’s issue of Hamsterspeak.
J_Taylor
The Self-Proclaimed King of Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: More info... Reply with quote

Okay, I'm a new OHR game programmer, and this is the first contest that I've seen in progress. And I'm sure I can do it. One question, though:

If I do the Sat. 12 - Sun. 13 date; when, where and how do I enter the entree?

An answer would be appreciated AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I'll take an answer from ANYONE who knows. Thank you in advance.
Shattered Alliance: .05%

See a pattern forming? I do, dammit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just upload your file (here is fine, but it doesn't have to be) and post a link to it in the appropriate thread (here is fine).
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question! (One that should obviously have been asked 2 weeks ago)

Exhibit: Assemblee Part 2

I notice the rule on premade/ripped graphics was silently reworded between this and the previous thread. But it is ambiguous: graphics you premade yourself seem to be allowed, but are premade, publicly available, non-ripped graphics allowed? Would it be possible to enter both contests at once? I realise this is stretching things a bit, but you can see that I just had entertain the possibility!

(However, Assemblee has the rule "Games must be made for the competition only." which I don't understand, but it sounds like it could disqualify such a game from that contest as well)
J_Taylor
The Self-Proclaimed King of Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello? Meatballsub? Are you still alive? The theme's kinda late. Not to sound rude or anything, I'm just saying...
Shattered Alliance: .05%

See a pattern forming? I do, dammit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Meatballsub
Divine Bovine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I screwed up. Had a super busy week and totally forgot to post the theme. My bad.

With that being said, the contest will continue next weekend instead. Yes, right after Christmas, but what else can I do?

Stay tuned next week for the final round. It will likely start the same times as before (saturday morning and end sunday night). Sorry again for the confusion and delay.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of good news for me, since I couldn't join this round anyway.

But that weekend might be exceptionally bad for some people due to family gatherings and things. Maybe you should delay an extra couple days? Most people are probably going to be on holiday anyway, so you could place it not on a weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: