Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Character/Weapon/Armor Templates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obright
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Character/Weapon/Armor Templates Reply with quote

I'm making some.

I've been working on my game, and I'm tired of trying to get all of the new equips to fit in the grand scheme. So I'm making templates for them, so that I can see them all together in order to work out the curves better.

Here are some I made already. (These were made specifically for RPG Maker 3, so they'll need some alterations before they can be used for the OHR).

Character Template
Weapon Template
Accessory Template

Does anybody want any? If so I'll post them when I'm done. All you'll have to do is download them, print them out on paper, and fill them in (preferably in pencil so that you can edit later). I'll re-make the ones above, plus an armor one.

Any requests for ones that I missed?
Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enemies.
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think extraneous details that usually involve story such as race, occupation/class (class not really being an OHRRPGCE feature by default), description, etc could go on an entirely different sheet dedicated to a character's abstract details, while the main page would be about stats, ability lists, and elemental bitsets.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Obright
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raekuul wrote:
Enemies.

Good call. I can already think of the obvious fields to include, like HP, MP, Agility, DEF, ATT and the like, and 'where encountered' and 'items dropped/stolen', but what about skills? Should I make a different sheet for each enemy, do you think? I suppose I could just do 'attack 1, attack 2, attack 3', but in my current game enemies can have WAY more skills than that. At the very least, I'll probably have to make that template horizontally oriented to include all of that.

Oh wait, maybe I can have 2 rows of fields per enemy. I'll have to see how it rolls when I start rolling with it.

Newbie_Power wrote:
I think extraneous details that usually involve story such as race, occupation/class (class not really being an OHRRPGCE feature by default), description, etc could go on an entirely different sheet dedicated to a character's abstract details, while the main page would be about stats, ability lists, and elemental bitsets.

I think you're right. RM3 is very limited in what it can do, so it actually made template-making easier in that regard. Since the OHR is far more elaborate, I'd have to make room in some sort of way anyway, and that's a good idea.
Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought I'd see the day where someone referred to the OHR as "elaborate".

Enemies have five regular attacks, five attacks they can only use if alone, and five attacks that they use when their HP% is low enough.

I think fifteen "skill" spots for enemies is enough, don't you?
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then there's spawn triggering, which can act as counter attacks or other various kinds of attacks not covered by that, especially if they're called skills and not attacks.

Also on the character sheet, I would have the character have a list of weapons he/she can equip, instead of every weapon have a freaking tiny slot for that purpose, because obviously OHR can allow multiple characters to equip a single weapon.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Obright
Vestigial Organist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raekuul wrote:
I never thought I'd see the day where someone referred to the OHR as "elaborate".

Notice I said "MORE elaborate than RPG Maker 3". Because it is. WAY more.

Raekuul wrote:
Enemies have five regular attacks, five attacks they can only use if alone, and five attacks that they use when their HP% is low enough.

I think fifteen "skill" spots for enemies is enough, don't you?

Well sure! I didn't say it wasn't. Wink The problem is going to be integrating all of that into a template.

Newbie_Power wrote:

Also on the character sheet, I would have the character have a list of weapons he/she can equip, instead of every weapon have a freaking tiny slot for that purpose, because obviously OHR can allow multiple characters to equip a single weapon.

Right, that's one of the differences I was taking into account. It's much more of an issue with RM3, and that's why the template is like that.

Maybe I shouldn't have even posted those templates. They were simply meant as an example of what I'm meaning to accomplish, to give people an idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum