Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Do we have filesize restrictions on .zips?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Do we have filesize restrictions on .zips? Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Do we have filesize restrictions on .zips? Reply with quote

Surlaw wrote:
I'm getting this error when trying to upload a 20.1 MB .zip file.

Wrong File Type application/octetstream

DEBUG MODE

application/octetstream

Line : 59
File : uploadgame.php

Hi Surlaw,

CP currently accepts up to 32MB in a post request. This size limit could be increased, but I don't see a need at this point.

I took the download from Slime Salad and attempted to upload it without any problem. I've adjusted the application file type restriction to allow octetstream (although that's the generic "I'm a file" filetype).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

~IM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surlaw wrote:
That works, thanks.

Edit: I'm an idiot and had the .RPG file in there twice, the .zip only needed to be 10 MB.

Still shouldn't affect your game's uploadability.
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
Surlaw wrote:
That works, thanks.

Edit: I'm an idiot and had the .RPG file in there twice, the .zip only needed to be 10 MB.

Still shouldn't affect your game's uploadability.

CP's upload script explicitly looks at the mime type of the file uploaded in an attempt to limit the upload to only .zip files. For whatever reason, Surlaw's upload was treated as an application/octetstream, which simply means that a binary file was uploaded. I do not know the intricacies of Apache's mime type determination during a post request, but it seems to be browser and OS dependent. I was able to upload the file downloaded from Slime Salad without changing the upload script. To get around this in the future, I have included application/octetstream in the acceptable mime types list.
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it still check the extension or can you upload anything now?
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
Does it still check the extension or can you upload anything now?

Technically, you could upload anything now, assuming Apache sees it as an application/octetstream. Again, I do not know what Apache does to determine the mime type for an uploaded file. However, the upload script will always save the file as a .zip and will always serve that .zip file back up using an application/zip mime type, so the user would need to know what the proper extension was if you didn't upload a .zip file.

I have no intention of keeping the .zip limitation in the future, but a heavy workload has severely limited my time devoted to CP development. Arbitrary file type support (as well as multiple files per project listing) has already been built into the new version of CP, whenever that gets released Oookay....

~IM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: