Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

I would like to see...activity!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mad Cacti wrote:
Spoon Weaver wrote:
Perhaps improving the engine might help some. Somethings I'd like to do with the engine but can't are, make a more then 320/200 pixel sized screen, and convert the game to flash format ( .swf ).

Gasp! http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/alchemy/

The engine is improving probably quicker than ever at the moment. It has many deficiencies, but I think that lots of significant ones will be fixed within the next half year (and James has done several in the last half year!). There's several huge things that I expect within that time.

Gasp indeed. I need to give that a long hard look, but it if does what I think it does, it'll be sure to have a price tag on it in no time.
JCBonz1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd pop in to say something, heh. I'm a bit of a lurker here, have played some OHR games & really enjoyed them, & would love to work on one of my own. While there might not be much of demand for SNES RPG-type games right now, I think many of us who were around for them will always have a love for them.

So yeah - I really want to get around to working on my own game with the engine at some point (probably with a friend) - to be honest, the whole thing is really exciting, being able to make your own games & such.
Pumpkinbot
Rock beats scissors! >:D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBonz1 wrote:
...While there might not be much of demand for SNES RPG-type games right now, I think many of us who were around for them will always have a love for them...

Oh, hey, that reminds me. I think there should be an option to make more SNES styled games, where the pixels aren't the size of small children. 16-bit is good. 4-bit is...sloppy, to say the least. But, I guess the quality on the game does mainly depend on the creator. I know they're not going to re-do the whole thing, but maybe we could choose the pixels' sizes? Like, instead of them being two-times bigger, maybe normal sized?

EDIT: Moar descriptive.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you understand "bits."

You can already do whatever it is you're asking, in any case. See http://gilgamesh.hamsterrepublic.com/wiki/ohrrpgce/index.php/What_are_the_command-line_arguments_that_the_OHRRPGCE_accepts%3F
Rock beats scissors! >:D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
I don't think you understand "bits."

Not in the least. X) Well, I know the NES is 8-bit, SNES is 16-bit, and the Gameboy is 4-bit. Not too sure on the last one, though.
Moogle1 wrote:

You can already do whatever it is you're asking, in any case. See http://gilgamesh.hamsterrepublic.com/wiki/ohrrpgce/index.php/What_are_the_command-line_arguments_that_the_OHRRPGCE_accepts%3F

Oh, hey, lookit that. :o
AJHunter
Probably Naked

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've heard about a C or C++ port of the OHRRPGCE, but I may be wrong... it could be useful...
Ravenshade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you need a C port, but the ones that are coming along have been put on hold until further notice unfortunately.

Secondly, it would be useful in OHRRPGCE if there was a setting to remove the zoom or increase the zoom. There are more important things that need to be done though as noted by Mr Paige calling OHRRPGCE a mudball.

Campaigning for Linux! Down with Win.exe!

PS. It's mean to replace words just because you don't like them ¬_¬ moderators...
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJHunter, could you PLEASE stop spamming the forum. You haven't added anything to any of the year old dead threads you've revived.

Quote:
Secondly, it would be useful in OHRRPGCE if there was a setting to remove the zoom or increase the zoom

You can change the zoom level with the -z command line option. Most graphics backends accept zooms 1 through 4, and support smoothing.

Users of the new Windows-only gfx_directx by Jay can change the zoom just by dragging on the corner of the window. I would love to support this on other platforms as well, but it's practically impossible with SDL.

What we need is a configuration menu so that you can change the zoom and other things in-game. I don't think it's far off.
Ravenshade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-z >_< wish I was better with the terminal.

I current run OHRRPGCE through wine. Dos doesn't work well in that. (For me at least)

PS. It's mean to replace words just because you don't like them ¬_¬ moderators...
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mad Cacti wrote:
Users of the new Windows-only gfx_directx by Jay can change the zoom just by dragging on the corner of the window. I would love to support this on other platforms as well, but it's practically impossible with SDL.

SDL 2.0 is the Duke Nukem Forever of game programming libraries :)

Ravenshade wrote:
-z >_< wish I was better with the terminal.

I current run OHRRPGCE through wine. Dos doesn't work well in that. (For me at least)

Have you tried the .deb package yet? http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/nightly/ohrrpgce_2010.04.06.wip-3469_i386.deb

(And although this is somewhat off-topic, the best way to run DOS stuff in Linux is with dosbox. Works much better than wine.)
Ravenshade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange...it works perfectly in wine for me, the only issue I have is hspeak.

I don't wanna install wine more than once though, especially not nightly versions. >_> never sure just how stable they are.

Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenshade wrote:
Strange...it works perfectly in wine for me, the only issue I have is hspeak.

I don't wanna install wine more than once though, especially not nightly versions. >_> never sure just how stable they are.

Hmm? Who ever asked you to install wine more than once, or to install nightly versions of wine? It was certainly not my intention to suggest that.

What I am asking is if you have tried the Ubuntu (deb) package for the ohrrpgce. This one: http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/nightly/ohrrpgce_2010.04.06.wip-3469_i386.deb

It runs natively in Linux, and does not require wine to be installed at all.
Ravenshade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no... crossed wires Oookay...

I meant installing multiple versions of OHRRPGCE. I use the wine package to open up the .exe the program works perfectly. Hspeak is the only thing Wine isn't liking.

As a relatively newbie to linux, I'm not sure what installed programs do. I downloaded a source file I only hope that it didn't corrupt the wine version....

So installing another version.. I'm not keen on that (especially nightly versions)

Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would rather not use a nightly version, there is also an ubuntu/debian package of the latest stable version.

http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/archive/debian/ohrrpgce_2010.02.08.ypsiliform+2-3379_i386.deb
J_Taylor
The Self-Proclaimed King of Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. I second the community project, coming in from nowhere with that.

I though Vikings was REALLY good, and I'm sure we could do something to rival it. I mean, seriously guys.

And yeah, if getting one started means me organizing it, fine. But I promise nothing time-wise. I don't get internet a lot.
Shattered Alliance: .05%

See a pattern forming? I do, dammit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: