Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

"Destiny's many fates..." releasing soon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msw188

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, double-teamed! Ha ha, yeah, I read 'progress' as 'gaining levels', and on second read I'm guessing you guys are probably right.

This website link is for my funk/rock band, Euphonic Brew:
www.euphonicbrew.com
cavemanerick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes going to progress slower then everyone else is what i ment sorry if i worded it weird.

I really didn't want to do his character this way but its nesscary now it seems.

Also i have a very basic beta version of my world done, just its very rough and not fine tuned at all right now fine tuning it now tho.
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think having him to start at a low level but gaining less stats is a good idea, as he starts in a high-level region as stated above and thus would level up extremely fast.

I personally would just write a short plotscript that is run on levelup and if the hero name is the name of that hero I'd double the required exp (or something).
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to his description, the character in question starts out already a high level, so he'll probably be leveling up at the same pace as other characters in his region.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
cavemanerick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newbie power is right thats what i ment sorry for the confusion. I replied to all of these after all nighters and was pretty tired.

Just to reassure this he starts out a higher level, and just progresses slower.

update:

I've finished all of the games attacks for the enemies i'm working on the heros spells and attacks, as well as items today hopefully i can get them all done.
Mariel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've certainly set an impressive pace for yourself. I hope it works out well. Happy
cavemanerick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Thanks Mariel i hope it does too.

Well i've finished all the basic weapons and armor in the game for all characters. I'll need to tweak scythe's a little and add special ones for the special chests but besides that the majority is done. Took me till 2 in the mourning to finish it but its done now.

All i need now is the backgrounds drawn and ,music which are both being developed currently, to start working out the battle system perfectly.
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
disadvantages- horrible graphics NES quility

Neutral

Limited palettes are not synonymous with horrible graphics.
cavemanerick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i havn't updated in a while but heres one, All music is done for the game, also all main drawings are done to desribe and action ones that popup during game and at end. Waiting on-

background battle drawings

after these i'll be able to start on main stories and work out all tweaks. I'll be pulling all nighters for a full summer proably and finish the game at end of summer i suspect but thats not an offcail date so don't get your hopes up k. Thats all for now.
cavemanerick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Welll heres an update thats long over due Reply with quote

Well its been a while since I've updated my little thread here. Also noticed my game's thread is misspelled wow i suck. Anyways the game "destiny's many fates..." is still in progress.

I'm currently finishing up the demo I'm releasing to a small community of people for critizism. All the music is done, and all the backgrounds but one are done. But now and this will annoy me and everyone I've decided to add in miniquests for you to do after you've beaten the game and I mean a ton currently I've assigned my Writing/creative department the job of coming up with 70 or so quests of which I will use about only 30 or so possibly less. So lots of good news there.

Bad news is I lost my second artist. The first one who did all of my background drawings so far, just started ignoring my calls completely or lost his phone, hopefully the second one but people arn't that nice now are they.

The second artist I was lucky to get was starting work finally but then his mother kicked him out of his house cause shes crazy, he stayed with me a full week intill his sister picked him up and sent him off to some random place in our state without a cell phone or anyway to contact so proably never gonna hear from him again.

Now I'm going to start putting up posters or whatever I can to get artists from local schools or anyone interested in joining a team like mine.

Also i refuse to work with online poeple, no offense but I'd like to be face to face and work with people after school in my home town to build a better relationship with my team.

But yeah the game will be done hopefully sonner rather then later I've been pushing everything aside to stay up allmost every night and get about 5 hours of sleep to get this thing rolling.
cavemanerick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: progress 2 Reply with quote

Still working on the game finished a few characters main quests finishing up the rest and then putting miniquests in.

After that lots of testing before full release.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's admirable. Good luck on the home stretch!
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like people who actually finish their project... I think I haven't even seen any screenshots of it yet, though!
NES quality graphics doesn't really have to be a bad thing, for example I really like the graphics in Spellshard. But if it looks like drawn by a 5 year old or some person doing "My very first own RPG", then that's certainly a turn-off. But if it's finished I guess I'd give it a try either way.
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
cavemanerick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Still working on this Reply with quote

Sorry it has been a while since I've checked this thread. I put down progress for this game to invest alot of time in my business. I should have time to focus on it more in the next few months. I'll keep you posted on progress.

Current Tasks

-total redesign of graphics
-readjusting battle statistics
-fine tuning main character plots
-adding in special items and miniquests
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: