Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

What I would like to see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welsh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: What I would like to see. Reply with quote

1) A link to the Evil Dead Timeline, Take 2. It's been impossible to find.

2) An archive of classic OHR games.

3) A list of complete games [as in final version]. And an extended 'top rated' list of games.

4) A process to update games from est. 1998-2005 to work properly with subsequent releases of game exe.

5) The separation of games that look and play like they were designed in 5 min. No effort whatsoever.
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do most of this by using the hidden game search feature.

Updating every game sounds like too much work and besides it's auto-updated when running it with a modern game.exe as far as I remember.
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: What I would like to see. Reply with quote

Welsh wrote:
4) A process to update games from est. 1998-2005 to work properly with subsequent releases of game exe.

All recent versions (back to the end of 2007, I think) can auto-update old RPG files automatically when you play them. If you find an old RPG file that does not work in the current version of game.exe, please report it as a bug.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rya.Reisender wrote:
You can do most of this by using the hidden game search feature.

Updating every game sounds like too much work and besides it's auto-updated when running it with a modern game.exe as far as I remember.

As Rya mentioned, most of these can be done through the poorly placed "Search Gamelist" page: http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist.php?search=1

It is located in the description of the first forum: Temp Game/Review links.

As far as the Evil Dead Timeline game is concerned, I don't believe it's been uploaded to CP. The closest I can find is Evil Dead Wierd Edition in Rinku's OHR Hits folder: http://rinku.castleparadox.com/Ohrhits/edweird%20-%20Ashraimi%20-%20Evil%20Dead%20Weird%20Edition.zip

Cheers,

~IM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know about the advanced search feature. Thanks guys.

Quote:
All recent versions (back to the end of 2007, I think) can auto-update old RPG files automatically when you play them. If you find an old RPG file that does not work in the current version of game.exe, please report it as a bug.

Okay. Thanks.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: What I would like to see. Reply with quote

Welsh wrote:
2) An archive of classic OHR games.

http://rinku.castleparadox.com/Ohrhits, as already mentioned
The Bahamut RPG Community, this is on the wiki, and probably the oldest archive of OHR games still online, but maybe you missed it
Operation:OHR, the main archive for OHR games for a few years before CP came along, also linked from the wiki.
I've never found any other site with working downloads :(

Quote:

Actually only games from about 1999 and earlier don't work, but certain people deny this.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: What I would like to see. Reply with quote

The Mad Cacti wrote:

Quote:

Actually only games from about 1999 and earlier don't work, but certain people deny this.

Those certain people being me :)

Certain other people need to mail me non-upgradeable games from before 1999 so I can test it :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: