Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Idea for Ohrrpgce Games Video

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rinku

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Idea for Ohrrpgce Games Video Reply with quote

I'm currently creating this video:

http://vimeo.com/1809372

The idea is to take 100 good Game Maker (that's the engine I use now) games and arrange them in a 10 minute long video, with 6 seconds each. I've got 66 out of 100 Game Maker games so far and am adding them at around 10 a day.

I may do an Ohrrpgce one after the Game Maker one, just for fun and to show off the games the Ohrrpgce has made. So, recommend games that should go on that. They don't necessarily have to be the "best" 100 Ohrrpgce games, other factors are also important: memorability, interest value, importance to the community's history, and unique visual style.

Also if anyone has any Ohrrpgce music (that's music created for an Ohrrpgce game) that I could use for this video, let me know (preferably with a link to the mp3 or ogg file).
AdrianX
..yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Wandering Hamster
2. Vikings of Midgard
3. Fantasy Under the Blue Moon X
4. Final Fantasy H
5. Crescent Dream
6. City of Dreams
7. Blu Eternal
8. Genesis
9. Tilde and the Mask of Raspberry!
10. Time Flies
11. Timestream Saga
12. Purgatory
13. Missing
14. Motherland
15. Boundless Ocean
16. Pitch Black
17. Pitch Black 2

..there are plenty more (Arfenhouse, The Ends of the Earth, OHR House).

..good luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walthrs games
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodlust, because of the emphasis on dark and gory graphics.

Surf's Up, Yuk! Red Maverick Zero makes solid, clean graphics that excel in a cartoon style.

Hedgemaze. I know, it's my own game but its visuals are inspired by Super Gameboy/Game Boy Color games as opposed to NES.

Deltelamane. TwinHamster has improved a lot since then, but this game is most easily available, I think.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Camdog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you do, don't include joke games like Arfenhouse. I personally hate the series, but I know a lot of people think highly of it and I can see why they might think of it for inclusion, but absent context the crappy graphics are just going to make everything look like shit.

Some more ideas:

Sword of Jade
Trailblazers
Timpoline
Sheep Rancher

Since OHR is designed for a specific genre of game, rather than just being general like Game Maker, it'd be easy to include a bunch of games that look nearly the same (especially when the viewer only has 6 seconds to differentiate them). Be careful of that. Make sure to emphasize games that don't use the default engine and games with a really unique visual style (along with the classics, of course).
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surlaw wrote:
I don't really think RPGs are very suitable to this kind of project, and there aren't enough worthwhile non-RPGs for the OHR to fill 100 slots. 6 seconds isn't even enough time to read a decent dialogue box and even if you can get through it that fast it won't stick. Maybe a page of screenshots/information would be more useful?

Your Game Maker video is good because it shows off fun looking gameplay or funny graphics. I don't think there's enough variety of either in 100 OHR games. Not as a slight to these games, but RPGs generally aren't fun to watch if you're not the one playing them, while action games are.

I was thinking this same thing. You can have a lot of in-battle pictures that'll all look the same or a lot of walkaboutery that'll look pretty boring. You could mix things up with more visually engaging examples like Trailblazers and Timpoline, but there aren't enough of those.
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add variety by interspersing clips of custom editing the same games that you are showing.
Rinku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like James's idea, but many games are password protected, so that may be unfeasible.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rinku wrote:
I like James's idea, but many games are password protected, so that may be unfeasible.

GIGGLE
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I regret the password protection feature more each time I think about it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: