Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

A [command] tag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: A [command] tag Reply with quote

Oh, here's an idea for plotscript command tags (named [command]? Maybe [cmd] or [plot]?), which creates a link to the wiki similarly to the wiki tag. The differences:

*You wouldn't have to type "plot:" as part of the link, and it could display just "command name" as the link, instead of "plot:command name".

*Mediawiki's case sensitivity is a real nuisance. The pages on the wiki have the same name as the display names in the xml, so there are pages like "Plot:Walk hero to x" and "Plot:Walk NPC to X". I wish for a case and space insensitive [plot] tag. You could strip whitespace and case and compare to he names of valid commands, from http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/docs/plotdict.xml, to get the real link. Admittedly there aren't many exceptions, but I can never even remember that the page names use whitespace. And the capitalisation and spacing of the name might change in future, and this is a forward compatible linking method.

*And you could even show the links in red if they don't match anything in the xml! Remembering exactly what a command is called is hard: this would be very helpful.

*(Bonus: correct links to 'plot:(AMP)(AMP)' and the other exceptions to the xml names)

If you did this, that would be great, but if you'd rather work on CP, I won't complain :)

Of course, the command pages on the wiki are currently out of date and are missing dozens of recent commands. I wish James uploaded the html version somewhere so that you could link to that instead?
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: A [command] tag Reply with quote

The Mad Cacti wrote:
Of course, the command pages on the wiki are currently out of date and are missing dozens of recent commands. I wish James uploaded the html version somewhere so that you could link to that instead?

What about linking to http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/docs/plotdict.xml ? The xml file displays fine on all the web browsers I have tested it with.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would work, except it takes 15 seconds to load for me. So the html version would be a lot more convenient.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly think it's possible. Getting better versed in XML parsing via PHP and I'll give it a try. I really prefer [plot] over [command].

~IM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: