Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

REVERSAL!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: REVERSAL!!! Reply with quote

What would you, the moderators, like to see from us, your adoring public?
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games. Razz
Cube
Dimensional Traveller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Well, I'll start off by saying that this community is very different than what it was like a year or two ago. While I'd like to see CP more lively than it is currently (And over time our changes should change this), I like how things are right now, for what they are. There hasn't been any major "drama" for quite some time, just small disagreements which are always bound to happen as long as people remain individuals.

So rather than say what I'd like to see, it's more like what my expectations are.

- I'd like CP to be a place where anyone can come and feel safe. Meaning, I want the users of the site to be kind and friendly to each other and to newcomers.
- I want our users to be creative in various ways.
- I'd like our users to ignore the trouble makers when they arise. There's no need to bash someone about something, even if they ARE wrong and being completely idiotic. Our users can be better than the immature people who come to the site to just cause trouble by ignoring them. We can deal with these people. IM and me check the site numerous times every day. Just PM us if you have concerns about another user on the site.

Something a lot of people often don't think about due to the anonymity of the internet is that a lot of the people who visit this site might be quite young, and sometimes lacking maturity. After all, video games are becoming more and more popular, especially with the younger crowd. So it's not to be unexpected that a young one may come along wondering how video games are made, and may try to become part of the community.

I'm not saying we should tolerate immaturity, but rather have a bit of patience with these users. Again, send PMs to us, notify us of a user who may be problematic. We will PM them and tell them what we expect on these forums, and if the problem continues we will do what we must to ensure the forums stay a great place to be a part of.

- I also personally wish the community was a little more open to us. By this, I mean constructive criticism. IM and me like to hear what people think about the site and other things, as long as it doesn't contain personal insults.

For example, back in October when the Slime Salad forum opened up, many discussed things about the site, and the things they disliked about CP. IM and me were a little disappointed that these things weren't discussed with us so we could fix them. I believe there were even a couple bugs brought to IMs attention thanks to that thread, that he was finally able to fix. He didn't know because nobody told him! But it was openly discussed on another forum. IM and me can't remember what exactly was discussed, but at the time we were glad to be aware of them. I believe some of the things were added to our future goals for the site, so the ideas weren't lost.

So yeah, just a little more open communication would be nice. It's not like we'll ban you, or do terrible things if you disagree with something, or find a bug on the site. -Some- things, like particular designs may NOT get changed to what you think is best, but it's still nice to know what others think.

I don't mean to paint a picture of green fields and rainbows, but I, and IM as well, want CP to be a great place to be for everyone of all ages. Like I mentioned in the post on the main page, we want to draw in gamers, and this obviously will mean we'll get a few rowdy people. But since CP is a community site, it's the community that makes or breaks it. It's up to YOU guys to make sure that when we do get new people in here, that they feel welcome. As I said above, if a user is being obnoxious, ignoring them is a good thing but if you feel the need to tell them to smarten up, do it in the friendliest way possible. They might just smarten up. If they don't, let us know and we'll deal with it. It's important to give anyone a chance to prove they can be a part of this community, especially when they're new and don't know how things are run.

Those're the biggest things I can think of right now, for now. IM and me will definately post more if you guys got questions and stuff.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty darn happy with castleparadox. I just wanted to say thank-you for it.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cube wrote:
For example, back in October when the Slime Salad forum opened up, many discussed things about the site, and the things they disliked about CP. IM and me were a little disappointed that these things weren't discussed with us so we could fix them. I believe there were even a couple bugs brought to IMs attention thanks to that thread, that he was finally able to fix. He didn't know because nobody told him!

To be fair, the site had been down for the better part of a month at the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all hold haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaands
Here on the subwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, Cube still is here? Huh....learn something new every day.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
Cube wrote:
For example, back in October when the Slime Salad forum opened up, many discussed things about the site, and the things they disliked about CP. IM and me were a little disappointed that these things weren't discussed with us so we could fix them. I believe there were even a couple bugs brought to IMs attention thanks to that thread, that he was finally able to fix. He didn't know because nobody told him!

To be fair, the site had been down for the better part of a month at the time.

To be fair, you can't find problems with a site which is down.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can find at least one.
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's one which IM & Cube had brought to their attention on Slime Salad.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was referring to the fact that the site was down.
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is obviously not one of the problems Cube was referring to.
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mad Cacti wrote:
Which is obviously not one of the problems Cube was referring to.
I know I have little say in website manners, but Moogle1 makes a good point that the site being down is obviously an easy, obvious, and the most major problem to find. The site being down affects everyone, not just webmasters or whatnot.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I believe TMC was trying to say, and I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong, was that during CP's 11 day downtime (yes, it was only 11 days although it felt like a month) various Slime Salad posts referred to pre-existing errors in CP that were never brought to the attention of Cube or myself. These were not issues recently encountered with the site given that it was down and no one had access. They weren't major bugs, but they were significant enough to make both Cube and I question why we had never heard about them up until then.

While CP's down time is an obvious and major issue, a user cannot encounter a new problem with existing features while the site is down.

~IM
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks IM. I'm surprised that I wasn't understood... it seems pretty obvious to me what Cube meant.

Newbie_Power wrote:
I know I have little say in website manners, but Moogle1 makes a good point that the site being down is obviously an easy, obvious, and the most major problem to find. The site being down affects everyone, not just webmasters or whatnot.

But it's hardly easy to fix, is it? And it wasn't a problem IM needed to "find". (Off topic: Maybe it's worth mentioning that James keeps a mirror of the gamelist, something many people don't seem to know. I had better keep offsite backups of things I need, next time, though (haven't gotten round to it yet, Bena!))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: