Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

OHRstat--Excel Spreadsheet
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DukeofDellot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: OHRstat--Excel Spreadsheet Reply with quote

As came to this site, I noticed the new version was up, so even though I doubt this, there's a chance that what I'm proposing is completely obsolete. Rest assured that I have tested it and it was working for the nightly that I downloaded about six or seven weeks ago when I made this.

What I made was, as the title suggests, an Excel Spreadsheet... a very simple one at that. You enter the stats of a hero at level 0 (as you entered in CUSTOM.exe) and scroll down to level 99 and do the same. If you ignore every other level, then they will be filled in for you. Yes, I did a good number of tests to see that it's working, and I even included a quick XP to level section for convenience. I also just realized that it might be neat to have an extra row for equipment bonuses, and I may add one, but... honestly, I'll probably get pretty lazy and not do it.

I made if for a game I was making where the monsters you fought would level with your character (to an extent) to counter the fact that the whole game took place in a small area and many of the plots could take place in any order the player chooses.

Since I've, for the most part, abandoned that game, I was curious if anyone would want such a spreadsheet for their own. If I could upload it in the games section (I'm thinking no on that one, but I thought I'd ask...), and if not, where could I upload it to make it easy to find?

Basically, it's a "I did it so you don't have to" type project... I expect most to be capable of it, and someone else to have thought of it... I'm also curious if anyone even has MS Excel...
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should add it to the gamelist. It would be useful for configuring enemy stats/tweaking balance/whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a moment there, I was afraid it would be a bad idea... and I got so caught up in the reasons I was using it, I couldn't sum it up like that... I'll get right to it then.

Oh and to anyone who finds this, Moogle1 just explained its purpose better than me.
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people with the names Newbie and Power, as well as an underscore in their name would download Open Office just for this excel sheet. In fact, I bet they already are.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
DukeofDellot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I'm so flattered, I'd like to meet all these people... oh, and it was made on Excel 2003 (I've already got the old one and see no purpose in updating...)

Oh, and if it doesn't work... I could post the formula and you could attempt to change the language... ... ... hay, I'll do it anyways.

=ROUND((0.8+($A6/50))*$A6*((E$104-E$5)/275.222)+E$5+0.1,0)

as appears in E6, where column "a" is (level-5) and column E is the first character's HP stat. Row 104 is level 99 and row 5 is level 0... a $ means that as you copy the function it remains same, and without the $ it copies to new cells and modifies the value to be relative to the new location. the = at the beginning signifies that it's a function, not just text to be displayed, and "ROUND" means to round to nearest, which I did test originally as "FLOOR" which would round down, but "FLOOR" gave inaccurate values... occasionally it was one less than the actual.

This should be copied to a large block between all the values... remember that your cells may vary, and that I used columns B, C, and D for the quick reference XP chart.

If any of that made sense... then there you go... ... ... I feel so special right now.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find the Excel spreadsheet here: http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=864
Divine Bovine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, this will definitely come in handy.
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, I could totally find a use for this some day.

Nice job!
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already toying with this. One normally wouldn't think that a base HP of 25 and max of 500 would cause 180 HP at level 50, but now I know. (I was expecting around 200 something) ~_~

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, exponential growth means that most games won't get you even close to the lv99 stat. This is good to know BEFORE you've already released two demos.

Anyway, this is great. James should include this on the third-party utilities page.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to this, though, I was able to get realistic stat growths for up to level 50.

DukeofDellot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inferior Minion wrote:
You can find the Excel spreadsheet here: http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=864

Oh thanks... I forgot that... and thanks everyone, I just got off my ass (Though technically, I was lying most of the time, so it would be off my back), and did something for a change. Maybe this will overshadow the only other thing on my game list... ha, ha! I'm competent... and to think I've had it sitting around on my desktop for a month and a half thinking that no one would want it.

This makes me happy.
Chenzi
User was banned for this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a bit of work, this could be modified to show the amount of damage a hero could do an enemy (provided you allow there to be a enemy book, possibly). Sorry if that didn't make any sense.
DukeofDellot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but that's a separate, and until now, unannounced project. I've been calling it OHRaim... as my main goal is to figure out a formula to figure the percent chance to hit based on aim math and statistics of the characters involved.

So far, no dice.

Part three, OHRattack which was exactly what you were describing, would complete (unless I think of something else) the whole thing which will then be rolled up into one easy to use spreadsheet. That... now that I'm sitting here, might be able to call up a Hero/Level/Attack/Monster combinations to give detailed stats... but that's a bit overkill and I don't know if I'd bother... even if I could figure it out.

For now I ask that you make due with... what the hay, the damage math is so much easier, I'll do that first. Give me a couple of days.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're not racking your brain trying to figure out this:
http://gilgamesh.hamsterrepublic.com/wiki/ohrrpgce/index.php/How_is_damage_calculated%3F
http://gilgamesh.hamsterrepublic.com/wiki/ohrrpgce/index.php/How_is_the_attack_dodge_rate_calculated%3F
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: