Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Miss Pixel OHR 2007 Voting (image heavy)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamesez comment lifted me up

Harlock stabbed me a couple of times...

Imjust wish Yosft used the LArger version of my picture (everyone elses is bigger n clearer). Only1 & I's pictures are soo wee compared to everyone else...

Newbie_Power - Refia: 2-function in a game and has that classic feel. Bur at, not so much...
TwinHamster - Lauretta:1 If Greymon sucked (which he does)
TwinHamster - Lauren: 1 so does Metal Greymon
Fenrir-Lunaris - Freki: 4-I don't even think furries are midly cool. But what choice do I have versus such great use of few colors?
the_dude257 - Feona: 1-if it wasn't for the title how would I know its a girl
Uncommon - Feather: 5- This also struck me as a female uncy..skin seems lacking but it just struck me emotionally
Rinku - Palette 0: 2-just not feelin the ultra thighs
HarlockHero - Moxie Pluck: 2-color usage seemed off, whres her left arm?
Komera - Shera: 3-Skill 4 sure
Inspiration - Roberta: 1-....
PHC - Pengirl: 2- Too much w0man 4 mee
Onlyoneinall - Janie: 3
Jack - Kathleen: 2-Reminded me of the old NES game Custers revenge...scarey
James Paige - Pixel Angel:4 not my fav here, but full body shots sure take more ksill 'n I have.

"Aeth calls PHC an anti-semite; PHC blames anti-semitism"
-squall

Last edited by Battleblaze on Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
HarlockHero
Lord of Romanticism

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know the contest is way over, but I just drew this for fun and I figured I'd post it here just because everyone reading this thread is, by definition, interested in pixel-art images of women. The pixelling was done free-hand, and the design is my own, but I took the pose from an old Laserdisc cover of Kimagure Orange Road:

Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is awesome. It makes me wish we had another art contest it could enter so I could vote for it.
Komera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie_Power - Refia: 3 These days I'm not into the classic FF pose.
TwinHamster - Lauretta: 3 So cute!
TwinHamster - Lauren: 2 Is she cosplaying as Feny's Freki?
Fenrir-Lunaris - Freki: 4 As a gryphon, I've got nothing against Freki being a fur so she gets 5 points for Feny's usual genius pixeling, but she gets a point docked for being too plump for my taste.
the_dude257 - Feona: 1 Is it Harry Potter with a lightning bolt ponytail?
Uncommon - Feather: 3 She's pretty but the colors are horribly flat, and what little shading there is serves more as a replacement for a black outline to define the difference between shoulder and head.
Rinku - Palette 0: 4 Why exactly do you need other artists to do your games?
HarlockHero - Moxie Pluck: 4 Superior to my own pic in just about every way. Point taken off for the ackward jacket.
Komera - Shera: N/A (Sorry, She-Ra, I am apparently required by law not to vote for my own pic.)
Inspiration - Roberta: 1 What? Is? That?
PHC - Pengirl: 3 No shading, that's very gutsy. Kudos to the Disney-esque 3-shades-darker-outline.
Battleblaze - Anna: 2 Not my type. She looks like she is somehow trying to be anime, the failure turns me off.
Onlyoneinall - Janie: 2 Gaudpi, if she was a tad skinnier, she'd look like my old elementary school pics.
Jack - Kathleen: 3 Strange mix of shading and nonshading. Her clothes have the Disney-esque 3-shades-darker-outline but she doesn't?
James Paige - Pixel Angel: 4 Very beautiful, but a few things here and there just kill a perfect score. The posture for one, and the odd way the loin cloth is blown for another.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Rinku

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be off topic but I wanted to reply to two comments:

re James: I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll work in the Ohrrpgce on a (serious/lengthy) game again ;_; -- Game Maker better suites the games I'm currently interested in making (most pointedly it'd be very hard to create a successful shareware title in the Ohrrpgce, and that's what I'm getting into now), though the Ohrrpgce was a great start and I learned a lot from it & its community & am glad I found it. In the unlikely event that I ever return to game making as a hobby rather than as a (potential) career, I'll make Ohrrpgce games again and will turn Palette 0 into a full game.

re Komera: The reason I need artists for my games is not that I'm bad at it. I'm not as good as you or Harlock or Orchard-L but I admit I'm better than average, but most of that comes from having a visual artist as a father and picking up basic principles of drawing here and there rather than any real practise or talent on my part. The reason I need artists is actually just that my games would take twice as long to complete if I did both the art and everything else, whereas if I outsource the art to other people I can complete the games quicker. It sacrifices some total control over the look of the game, but I think it's worth it. Besides, a lot of the art in my games I *do* create, mainly the special effects / visual effects / explosions / etc. (in Alphasix and Immortal Defense for example), and procedurally generated art, the kind that's not made of bitmaps, but instead drawn in real time out of lines and shapes while you're playing the game, interests me more than pixel art does now. Eventually I'd like to make games that don't contain any bitmapped graphics at all, and use all procedurally generated graphics.
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB wrote:
TwinHamster - Lauretta: If Greymon sucked (which he does)
TwinHamster - Lauren: 1 so does Metal Greymon

Um...I'm afraid I don't understand this particular analogy.

Greymon was an anime dinosaur.
The slime twins are...slime sprites.

[edit]On a side note, t-that is incredible, Harlock.
Inspiration
Anti-Protagonist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waah~ Giye is an ugly girl! Crying

Newbie_Power - Refia: 2
TwinHamster - Lauretta: 3
TwinHamster - Lauren: 2
Fenrir-Lunaris - Freki: 4
the_dude257 - Feona: 1
Uncommon - Feather: 4
Rinku - Palette 0: 4
HarlockHero - Moxie Pluck: 4
Komera - Shera: 5
Inspiration - Roberta: T_T
PHC - Pengirl: 3
Battleblaze - Anna: 2
Onlyoneinall - Janie: 2
Jack - Kathleen: 4
James Paige - Pixel Angel: 5
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twin-It was kind alate, sorry for the bad analogy. It's just I wasn't digign the first slime (greymon) so when the slime digivolved...yes i know it wasn't an evolution it was her twin (metal greymon). I had reasn for scoring them the same. But liek I said it was late, looking back on that IO feel stupid.

Harlock-I think it still would be better to make your own thread instead of throwing your art (even if its good) into a high traffic area. The picture dosen't look like OHR anyway so if it was on time I don't think it would be in the contest anyway. As for the picture. Not really into the style, reminds me of early manga/anime style, like say voltron, but stylle is style so whuteva. As for the actual picture. The overall effect is ok. My only real gripes are that she has so much hair for her we lil' head. And the neck seems overshaded compared to the rest of the body. But thats it really.

This is a great board to see how everyone's views on how woman should look like... Neutral

"Aeth calls PHC an anti-semite; PHC blames anti-semitism"
-squall
HarlockHero
Lord of Romanticism

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I woulda but I hardly ever come around CP these days. If Ysoft doesn't like it being here, he's free to delete it of course. And yeah, one of my two main artistic influences is 80's anime, big hair and all. It's the lifeblood of my style pretty much.

Incidentally, sorry you viewed my comments as "stabbing" you; I didn't mean to be mean, guess I just kind of got on a roll trying to think of unique stuff to say about everyone. All I really meant was that the pixeling is sorta sloppy and it seems like you might have used the mouse, which is basically impossible to ever do good pixel art with, ever. As far as her being red-headed and freckled goes, we are in the same lane here if you take my meaning.
the fool

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komera wrote:
Jack - Kathleen: 3 Strange mix of shading and nonshading. Her clothes have the Disney-esque 3-shades-darker-outline but she doesn't?

What was I thinking!?

I haven't worked with color in my drawings in forever. So when I was making this I wasn't really focusing on color so much, and kind of left it at whatever I initially used. Being restricted to 16 colors doesn't help much either.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Harlock Hero's defense, people in the 80's had bigger hair in real life, so of course classic anime is going to reflect that.

Otherwise, I see no problem with the image being in the thread, as long as he doesn't ask it to be thrown in the contest.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
HarlockHero
Lord of Romanticism

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like BB said, it wouldn't have been eligible anyway (unless the rules don't specify that it had to be drawn in the OHR; I didn't bother to read them).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't bother to read the rules and yet you created an entry which abides by the rules?
HarlockHero
Lord of Romanticism

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you know I entered at your behest, but let's not clutter up the thread anymore; this wasn't my intention.
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battleblaze, please edit your voting post and give points to the ones you missed.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: