Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

The new OHR magazine proposal
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: The new OHR magazine proposal Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.

Last edited by The Wobbler on Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man. I should totally review Neo Tek Armano.
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's as if this struggling community has suddenly unleashed a burst of awesomeness in order to keep itself alive.

I know that I want to contrbute to this monthly compilation somehow, but I'm not exactly sure yet.

I do know that half of the remaining community will most definitely give everyone some insight into what they've been doing.

One of my biggest fears was finally finishing Detelamane, but having nobody around to play it anymore.

Quote:
I would also like to see an overview of the Collaboration Contest. I know that the deadline for games is the end of this month, but a brief rundown of its nature and of the games that have been released already would be cool. In the following month, someone could do mini-reviews for each of the contest games.

Besides RMZ and The_Dude, No one seemed to be very interested in this anymore. I was afraid that our 5 month's worth of effort would've just been squandered away.

Last edited by TwinHamster on Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in doing the Terrible Game Contest history (probably other things too).

Any idea when the first issue is going to be?
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
TwinHamster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've remained interested, but I haven't been following the thread really. I've been waiting for the whole thing to be finished before playing the rest of the games. Would you be interested in writing about the contest for this coming issue?

Why, I thought you'd never ask! Razz
Calehay
...yeah.
Class B Minstrel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny coincidence that I was just looking at an old issue of Reasonably Septaweekly, and thinking, "How cool is this. Think that a small little DOS code program started this living, breathing community with its own magazine." And of course, that all went down the drain.

I would be interested in writing for this. Possibly a review or anything you really need. There's quite a few OHRRPGCE games that I need to finish/start playing. Why not write a review about them? I definitely think that getting this going again would be a great idea.
Blue Pixel
SPY SAPPIN MAH FISH SANDWICH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwinHamster wrote:

Besides RMZ and The_Dude, No one seemed to be very interested in this anymore. I was afraid that our 5 month's worth of effort would've just been squandered away.

i wouldnt say that, just because were the only ones to show are enthusiasm (i know i spelt that wroung) dosnt mean were the only ones to care about it. this already has been one of the most rewarding experiances in my life, or at least in my game making part of it. regaurdless i would be interested into looking into this. im sure i wont be much help it unfortiantly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_dude257 wrote:
TwinHamster wrote:

i wouldnt say that, just because were the only ones to show are enthusiasm (i know i spelt that wroung) dosnt mean were the only ones to care about it. this already has been one of the most rewarding experiances in my life, or at least in my game making part of it. regaurdless i would be interested into looking into this. im sure i wont be much help it unfortiantly.

I know..It's just that nobody responded to any of the PMs that I sent out and the thread is the only indication of participation that I have. Neutral
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In relation to this thread, I plan on patching up my chapter of the collaboration game before the month is over.

As for the cover, I might be able to work something out. I have a pen tablet and Photoshop, which are probably very useful tools for creating a nice looking cover, provided I know what to make it look like.

I think we can throw in my game as a recent release if this is coming out March 1st. Once the playtesters have for the most part played it through and I weed out most of the bugs, then I think it would hopefully be interesting enough. This is assuming we are going to review several released games, maybe three per issue?

An article possibly... but the cover and material for recent game release is more priority.

Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iblis wrote:
I'm interested in doing the Terrible Game Contest history (probably other things too)

A good idea would be to collect short snippets of information from previous contest winners about their motivations for their games. This would improve a TGC history significantly, and add more content to the article. I could probably research various facts like who won what, and even when each contest was held if possible.
Rinku

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was Melnazar that did the comics for OHR-Monthly, not Fenrir? But I don't really remember, it's possible Fenrir did a comic later on? But I'm pretty sure most of them were done by Melnazar.

Komera is still around and did most of the better covers, you could ask her about the new ones too. But she's pretty busy with her baby & art commissions and such, so I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't have time for it.

I don't make Ohrrpgce games anymore (except a few weeks out of every year I work on Wingedmene), so I don't think I have much to contribute to this magazine, but it's a good idea and I hope it works out.

I've no problem with you using the name Ohrrpgce Monthly if you can't think of anything else.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I could probably research various facts like who won what, and even when each contest was held if possible.

I've already got all that, I went through all the old TGC threads (including Gilbert's and JSH's) for all the basic stuff. When it was, who won, notable entries, what the rules were, I've got all that stuff.

Quote:
I thought it was Melnazar that did the comics for OHR-Monthly, not Fenrir?

Fenrir did comics for OHR Weekly, I think that's what PHC was thinking of.

Last edited by Iblis on Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
J.A.R.S.
In umbram deo, ex nihilo...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you do some registration through e-mail thingy too. Not everyone visits over here obviously, but I believe some people still care... and those who'd receive the update by e-mail MIGHT come around to discuss the entry... this may get people back, can't be 100% sure, but do as you wish, it is just a suggestion.
Rinku

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iblis wrote:

Fenrir did comics for OHR Weekly, I think that's what PHC was thinking of.

Ah; I never actually read OHR Weekly. Is it up anywhere?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: