Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Formiciade Music Studio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devi Ant
(Formicidae Devious)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Formiciade Music Studio Reply with quote

"Based somewhere at the bottom levels in the Lair of Deviance. Different kinds of sounds, misplaced notes, timpani, strings and of course the never-ending line of curse words can be heared, when stepping in. At some point, however, the notes are composed to songs and songs to symphonies. You stand at the small deck, where a small sign with Antic Runes names it to 'work in process/finished songs'."

So indeed, this topic familiarizes you with some musical (masterpieces) I've done.

There are now two types. First is the "Lurking" cave theme, which has been collecting spider webs quite some time Big grin

http://www.castleparadox.com/songlist-display.php?song=127

Now the other is "Daialos". Scifi themed music composition, which is a combination of two my themes.

http://www.castleparadox.com/songlist-display.php?song=187

---

Hope, you enjoy. More incoming in time Big grin
Activate point A by sliding slide B through points E and Z, so that the Joint TO touches the Vector 6, however avoiding an impact with vectors 34 and 5, which both are positioned at the edge of the said object near point R. Period.

Remember, Giz! You MIGHT get that candy, if you only behave well... Only.

My Art
Valigarmander
Bye-Bye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both were good, but I liked the first better. Man, I wish I could write my own music. Oookay...
Pseudodragon
Musical Familiar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The composition is really simple, but that's not always a bad thing when you're trying to accomplish atmosphere.
Devi Ant
(Formicidae Devious)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The machines in Formiciade Studio grumbles and weeps, finally processing another musical disasterpiece on the conveyor belt".

http://www.castleparadox.com/songlist-display.php?song=219

This music... Totally left off by pure inspiration. Actually I had the mouse in hand and I just stuffed stuff to the percussion section...

And from there it took off. Sometimes the inspirated pieces are the best pieces, there is. Happy
Activate point A by sliding slide B through points E and Z, so that the Joint TO touches the Vector 6, however avoiding an impact with vectors 34 and 5, which both are positioned at the edge of the said object near point R. Period.

My Art
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere between Techno de Chocobo and a Yoshi theme that I can't quite place (Super Mario RPG or M&L Superstars, maybe?). It ends rather abruptly. If it's supposed to loop there, then you should copy the song onto itself to give us one loop (or maybe you did and I didn't notice).
In umbram deo, ex nihilo...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your style sure is simple. Though the melodies are very simple (sometimes a little boring I'd add), the bass sounds are far more interesting. For this matter, I rated all of your songs above average Wink I especially like the first because it gets that "dark glow".
For the second, its a sort of progressive semi-dance kinda tune, not bad, but if you're heading that way: add drums. Drums are usually what makes a dance track. If it was an attempt at a more orchestral piece, replace the current track of lead with something more "stringy" and add some orchestration chords.

Last one is VERY random. At least you get drums this time. Truly sounds like a chocobo kinda theme. Not very my kind of song so not mine to comment on.

Good work overall, I'd really try to add orchestration and drums to all of this if I were you, but that's just my 2 cents Wink
Devi Ant
(Formicidae Devious)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
Somewhere between Techno de Chocobo and a Yoshi theme that I can't quite place (Super Mario RPG or M&L Superstars, maybe?). It ends rather abruptly. If it's supposed to loop there, then you should copy the song onto itself to give us one loop (or maybe you did and I didn't notice).

It is a loop. Actually I got bored in the ending part and just copied the first part. Basically at the point, where only the percussion starts playing, it's the beginning of the another part.

And yes, when I finally finished, I realized: "Dang, that's so Super Mario."

Not that it's a problem, though Big grin

My Art
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: