Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

I want the head of the Never Ending story. <death>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: I want the head of the Never Ending story. <death> Reply with quote

Lets face it people. Its a junk thread clogging the Story from actual stories. I mean hell we have journals for that kind of crap, why not keep it there? So I'm calling for a law banning all "Never Ending" type bits in the main boards.

If we want to bring back the good game discussion we have to move all the suffocating garbage in the main forum to give it a chance.

"Aeth calls PHC an anti-semite; PHC blames anti-semitism"
-squall
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... you're saying that because people post in Story Time, it causes them to stop posting on Game Design? That's interesting.

Anything that brings people to the forums is good, not bad. Your kind of logic got Paradox Lounge closed.
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a debate about whether to kill or not while you were away, and we concluded that we shouldn't kill the current ones, but we should definitely stop starting them. They're supposedly all right, because nothing ever happens in the story section anyway.
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Moogs that's not what I ment Rolling Eyes

What I'm saying is that whenever someone does post in the story forum it instantly takes a backseat to the damn never ending story that never goes anywhere. Maybe it should have its own sub board within the story forum...But I really do think it needs seperation from honest stories.

"Aeth calls PHC an anti-semite; PHC blames anti-semitism"
-squall
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would request a sub board for three threads?
Valigarmander
Bye-Bye

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never-ending stories are okay. It's just the damn retards who send it flaming into the ground with their random and senseless posts.

Like me.
Camdog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A neverending story thread would probably be served well in someone's journal, so whoever started it could delete the dipshit additions that keep sending them into the ground.
Valigarmander
Bye-Bye

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...INGENIOUS.
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle, I will cede, that the Neverending Story threads are NOT the brightest threads in the world. But everyone involved has a pretty good time, and they certainly aren't blocking other stories from being posted.

Now, obviously, the Never Ending Story threads are stories. And, also pretty obviously, there's only three of them, and they're not blocking legitimate stories from popping up, so the only remaining point against them is that they're stupid. I don't think you want us to start deleting things that are stupid, because then a lot of your posts would go right down the drain. I don't mean to be offensive, but I think it's a fact.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battleblaze wrote:
No Moogs that's not what I ment Rolling Eyes

What I'm saying is that whenever someone does post in the story forum it instantly takes a backseat to the damn never ending story that never goes anywhere. Maybe it should have its own sub board within the story forum...But I really do think it needs seperation from honest stories.

Still a really awful argument. I never pay attention to the Neverending Story threads. I think anyone who does participates in them.

Yes, they're pointless threads, but they get people posting. Don't close avenues for people to do stupid stuff or else they'll bring the stupid stuff to the rest of the board. Don't close threads people post in (within reason) because people will post less often.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: