Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Potential Mod: Fenrir-Lunaris
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Potential Mod: Fenrir-Lunaris Reply with quote

This post might be pointless, because I'm not certain if he already is a global mod/admin. If he isn't, then this new position would be perfect for him. Fenrir-Lunaris is one of the two mods left who I have faith in to do the right thing.

I've been in trouble a lot. So have a few other people, and when that happens, most of the mods run into their backrooms, and start discussing how to pass out the bans. Not Fenrir! Speaking from my own experience at least, everytime I start spamming, he comes into IRC, or contacts me via AIM, and asks me about what I'm doing. He tells me how I've broken the rules, and how I could've made those same posts without breaking the rules.

That's a huge difference from just banning someone, and sending them an e-mail explaining why they did it. Fenrir fully appreciates the power of the "Lock Thread" and "Delete Posts" options, and uses every solution available to him, rather than just the Easy Button.

I know it must sound like I'm gloating that he doesn't ban me, and lobbying for him to be put into more power. The fact of the matter is though, I think he's voted yes on a ban twice. That's naturally secret admin type stuff, and I don't know for sure, but his posts in LJ would seem to reflect that, and both times I had gone too far.

His Welcome.RPG entry seems to be a wonderful introduction to the community for newmembers, and as an artist, Fenrir has one of the most distinctive styles of anyone I've seen. He's also still active in the community, posting rather often, and on many of the different OHR Forums.

To me, Fenrir seems fair, reasonable, active in the community, a great gamemaker, and a perfect candidate for being a Global Mod.
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Fen said that he didn't want any more power, I say that we give it to him for the good of CP.
I'm sure that Fenrir is one of the nominees that's actually mentally stable. As I've seen in his posts, he's consistently calm and level-minded.
Telling from his games, I can also tell that he's willing to put in some extra effort to make things right.
Voting for Fen may not be the answer to getting rid of the bad guys, but I'm sure it will help set the bad guys on the right path.
JSH357

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno about stability, but he is a good moderator. I'm all for him.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's probably my fault he even posts on these forums. i'd think it'd be fine to see him as an admin. i thought he already was. he's the most qualified for it aside from (i think) not knowing much about coding.
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Probably the Grand Poobah or something

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
everytime I start spamming, he comes into IRC, or contacts me via AIM, and asks me about what I'm doing. He tells me how I've broken the rules, and how I could've made those same posts without breaking the rules.

Wow.

I haven't paid much attention to CP in the 3 years I've (technically) been here, so I can't really say anything about the mods here, but... most of the other message boards I've been to had mods who wouldn't do most of that stuff even if you paid them to.

*agrees with original post*
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSH357 wrote:
I dunno about stability, but he is a good moderator. I'm all for him.

Maybe, but can you really trust someone who posts using blue text?

MultiColoredWizard wrote:
it's probably my fault he even posts on these forums.

Actually that was Renzokuken. And before that Zantetsuken - with my one post! Yep, me posting on Zant caused it to collapse. Oookay... But looking back on it all, I don't ever regret you convincing me to get more involved in the community.

Dark Blubber wrote:
most of the other message boards I've been to had mods who wouldn't do most of that stuff even if you paid them to.

I always thought it was part of the job to do that?

Gizmog1 wrote:
Fenrir fully appreciates the power of the "Lock Thread" and "Delete Posts" options, and uses every solution available to him, rather than just the Easy Button.

Move topic, Split topic Raspberry! But the best way to be a good moderator (or a member period) is to first read other people's posts and then think about what they wrote before you post.

And finally, no I'm not turning down the nomination. I do think there needs to be some more discussion on the matter though.
Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Fen's got the stuff.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as he has the patience, I say power to him.

With admin power comes great irritation and a wearing down of patience.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LongeBane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Fenrir is most definitely qualified for such a position.
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Fenrir would be a fine moderator. I've already mentioned on Giz's thread who I think would be good mods, and giving him more power would clean things up without high risk of power abuse. He also has made good contributions towards the OHR community, and I think that would be a good factor to consider as well. I cannot think of any issues I have with him, so my vote is clear cut in saying I go for him.

MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrir-Lunaris wrote:

MultiColoredWizard wrote:
it's probably my fault he even posts on these forums.

Actually that was Renzokuken. And before that Zantetsuken - with my one post! Yep, me posting on Zant caused it to collapse. Oookay... But looking back on it all, I don't ever regret you convincing me to get more involved in the community.

i'm glad you feel that way, although i wish i could have stuck around a bit longer.

Setu wrote:
As long as he has the patience, I say power to him.

With admin power comes great irritation and a wearing down of patience.

indeed. as far as i've seen on any community i've ever been to, having power on forums almost always leads to bitterness. the only exception i've seen is bobby blade.
Valigarmander
Bye-Bye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giz and Slime offered naked pictures of their sisters. What about you, Fen?
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valigarmander wrote:
Giz and Slime offered naked pictures of their sisters. What about you, Fen?

http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=436

Valigarmander
Bye-Bye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

three letters yay
Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOIA has a very striking point there.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: