Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

something strange when I post...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Arts
Manipulating himself since the beginning

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: something strange when I post... Reply with quote

Ever since the begining of the new year, Ive been seeing this strange message ever time I post a repliy:
Quote:
Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 535 5.7.0 authentication failed

DEBUG MODE

Line : 132
File : smtp.php

Is this normal or not?
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I don't have that problem.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen it before. It happens when someone has subscribed to receive replies to a thread via e-mail, I think. You can safely ignore the message.
Technomancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that message. It means that IM needs to double check his password in the control panel.

The only side effects I can see are that the script stops before it marks your post as 'read' to you. Annoying, but not life threatening.

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle and Mike are right. The forum is trying to send an e-mail to people watching the thread and it's not going through.

It's a side effect of the upgrade. I've stuck in a new HD, upgraded the OS, and moved all the data from the old HDs to the new one. While doing this, I had to get the different servers up and running. Apache, MySQL, CVS, and SubVersion are working. Unfortunately, the mail server isn't quite there yet. It accepts mail from anywhere but only sends mail locally.

This is one of the reasons I did a fresh install on a new HD instead of upgrading the old OS. A few months ago, the mail server stopped working locally. You HAD to connect through SMTP in order to send mail (which is how CP is currently set up). I'm going to set it back to using sendmail (locally sending e-mail) to see if it works. Let me know if any other issues arise due to this hardware upgrade.

~IM
Manipulating himself since the beginning

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so its not a bad thing. Thanks for the info Big grin
Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inferior Minion wrote:
It's a side effect of the upgrade.

Actually, I've been seeing this before you upgraded (unless you upgraded about a month ago)

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Caron wrote:
Inferior Minion wrote:
It's a side effect of the upgrade.

Actually, I've been seeing this before you upgraded (unless you upgraded about a month ago)

Inferior Minion wrote:
This is one of the reasons I did a fresh install on a new HD instead of upgrading the old OS. A few months ago, the mail server stopped working locally. You HAD to connect through SMTP in order to send mail (which is how CP is currently set up).

As I said, something strange happened a few months ago which screwed up half of CP's services. This included the news server, DNS server, and mail server. I "fixed" them, but odd quirks continued to show up. Instead of upgrading the old CP to FC4 which would most likely leave these quirks and errors, I did a fresh install and have been manually setting everything back up in hopes of removing the problems entirely.

~IM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: