Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Final Boss Contest Voting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would be your battle-cry?
Cefca lol
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
OMG Zergrush kekekekeke
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Hypnosis? Mind Taking!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
KoF secret boss?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I mayd thsi gaym lol im' 4our
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
I can tell this is photoshopped
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Sound has a color now
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Actually, I think tha.. *Squish* *THUNK*
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Final Boss Contest Voting Reply with quote

Well, as promised, the boss contest is over. We had more entries than I had previously thought we'd get, which is good. Anyway, here's this year's bosses...

Shadowiii
Fenrir-Lunaris
Gnostic Kathar-sys
Velduanga
Machu
Leroy_Leo
Mr B

Vote for ONE sprite IN THIS THREAD by replying to this post with the NAME OF THE ARTIST who you think has the BEST BOSS SPRITE. There is no way to screw that up. If you somehow manage to muck up doing that, I pray you never pass on your genes to future generations. Please.

Voting will end Christmas Eve (December 24). You may, of course, critique and analyse the sprites to your hearts contentment as well. In fact, I'd encourage it.

Last edited by Fenrir-Lunaris on Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY I VOTE FOR MYSELF AKA SHADOWIII HA HA SKEWING VOTING.

OK HERES MY CRITIQUE.

Shadowiii - Use colors and learn to shade! Also where is the guy's nose? Come on man, you can do better then that. Plus you entered something you drew over a year ago. Totally lame.
ps oh wait i found the nose now sorry shadow lets be friends k

Fenrir - We all know you made this contest just to show this off, you angry terrorist! But it's still a cool picture, if it weren't so dang dark so I could actually like, you know, know what I am seeing. I think there is blue somewhere. Hair? Maybe. And...stuff. It's cool but I need to ajust the brightness on my moniter to see anything besides BLACK.

Gnostic Kathar-sys - Bleeding heart = angst and my brain goes loco for coco puffs that background. Also it needs color unless it wasn't supossed to have color then good job! : )

Veld - I really like this one. It reminds me of something out of mega man meets some fighting thing meets...uh...your mom. I dunno. The sleave on the left arm kinda ends...weird but uther then that no complaints I guess. ps are all your women scantaly clad? you loney rpg nerd you lol lol lol

Machu - 100% perfect, I'd vote for it but I'd rather vote for myself because I'm an awful person.

Leroy - It's like magitech armor only on drugs and buried for 10,000 years waiting for Indiana Jones to find it and take it from the Nazies. Dang nazies! I don't know what it is or why it is or why the background looks like something out of photoshop zoomed too far in but I think I like it wait not really because it's like Fenrirs and BLACK BLACK BLACK. "I SEE A FINAL BOSS AND WANT TO PAINT IT BLACK..."

Mr. B - I don't know if you were on drugs and looked in a fishtank and POOF this game to life but I like it I think. But is it for the "Finding Nemo" RPG or something? I mean, a fish final boss? Cool but weird and has lots of colors and my brain is turning off now. Anyway I like it you did a great jeorb there hamstrang.

Gilbert - Airship 2600 is actually the FINAL BOSS?! NO WAY!! HOLY COW THAT IS AWESOME WHAT A PLOT TWIST?! WHAT A SURPRISE?! WOW. WOW. JUST....WOW. WOW!!!
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps

"What is a man?! A miserable little pile of secrets!"
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting for Shadow. Fenrir has way better spriting skills but I can't even tell what I'm looking at here, I see a bunch of monster parts but I can't tell how they connect or what the overall shape is. With Shadow's I can easily tell what it is and it's also pretty cool looking.
jabbercat
Composer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr B, I really love that fish.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd vote for Veld, but that looks like more of a "Goddess Statue" boss than a "Kefka" final boss. Vote Shadow, great justice.
Technomancer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote Shadowiii.

It makes me think "I wonder what it feels like to transform into one of those final boss-types"

Runner up is Fenrir. I think I can see the mouth.

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Machu
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm voting for Machu's. I hate evil little girls, ecspecially after they threaten to kill me after seven days.
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
DomGallo
Is a master. And you?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow - It's not really threatening. It's just big. (Maybe that reminds you of something?)

Fenrir - Kind of a Lovecraftian "Unspeakable Horror". I can't say much about Non-Euclidian Geometry, but I don't see any kind of geometry to that tabomination. And I like the blood!

Gnostic Kathar-sys - OH MY GOD. THAT IS SCARY. IT'S LIKE THE GIRL FROM THE RING ON A PLAID T-SHIRT

Veld - Too bonable.

Machu - Too bonable.

Leroy - Too modulated. What the fuck am I looking at?

Mr B - Congratulations. WORST. FINAL BOSS. EVER. Not scary or threatening at all. OMG TRIPPY!

I vote for Fenrir man, none of the others even do anything for me.

Don't eat Turkey for Christmas. I WILL FIND OUT.
Leonhart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for Shadowiii's boss.. The most evil-looking among the entries.
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velduanga Smokin'
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
Komera

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote mr b

Shadowiii
kudos for the almost-a-sephyroth-ripoff. but since i didn't like ff7, i'm not voting for you. i've never been a fan of angel winged final bosses.

Fenrir-Lunaris
wuld b nice if i culd c it???

Gnostic Kathar-sys
your guy has wings, so i'm not voting for you, either. but don't feel bad, according to my logic, i wouldn't vote for my own final boss either.

Velduanga
can't see yours, but i do vaguely remember it being a winged girl of somesort? wings=no vote

Machu
unexpected. i considered it, but no. the pose is lifeless.

Leroy_Leo
hmmm, a real posibility here. i came THIS close to voting for you. in the end i didn't because...

Mr B
this is so unexpected as a final boss. somehow this one speaks to me. it says: "haha, i am so far removed from final fantasy that people have to dredge up horrid images of fighting clown fish from forgettable disney movies just to have a frame of reference!"

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for Leroy and have a very honorable mention toward Shadow and Mr B. Shadow's is cool, I guess, but I've fricken seen it before, so it's the only one that doesn't fit in here. Ya get the points for the largest image, though. Fo sho'.
Mr B, that's gorgeous. The colors are unexpectedly brilliant and I like the use of those transparent looking fins.

Good game, everyone. *weeps from only having one vote, from himself, and after all the fluids he had to cough up while making it* Haha! Pitty points!

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mr B

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowiii: I know how difficult it is to make something look remotely feathery. Plus, I know how Stop ends. I have to like this guy, even though it really bugs me how his energy sword...thing...bends like that AFTER his hand ends. (and yet for some reason I'm okay with the Death Star)

Fenrir-Lunaris: Lovely shading. Excellent pixelation. But...what is it? I see parts of creatures. Is that a wristwatch I see on that claw?

Gnostic Kathar-sys: Very different, feels sinister. I don't get much of the impression of a story from it though... The heart makes it feel ambiguous, which is probably good.

Velduanga: Nice pixelation. I get a good sense of shape and form from that. Plus you managed to make it look in a direction even though its eyes are crossed -- that has always been tough for me.

Machu: I thought that the entries couldn't be any larger that 320x200 pixels? Good sense of hidden power, though you might want to scale the image down.

Leroy_Leo: I really can't get a sense of form for this... I see the clown head, but everything else is difficult to resolve.

Mr B: You didn't make it like I told you to. Pissed off! Plus, it looks a little boxy, almost as if you decided on the size, then scrunched everything together to fit into it. I like the colors, though. Is the head based off a hydrolisk?

Grrr...I can't decide between Fenrir and Velduanga. I chose Velduanga, 'cause I can tell what I'm looking at. Definite honorable mention for Fenrir on pixelation awesomeness, though.
SilentAngel
The Angel of Silence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veld's one - it looks just as good as the CGing he does, but in a pixel form. Good job! What particularly impresses me are the minute details in it, for example the shiny parts on the material on her legs.

Stepmania Online Stats:

Next song to pass on Stepmania: Paranoia Survivor Max (Heavy)
Next song to pass on DDR: MaxX Unlimited(Standard)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: