Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

OHR for Windows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ssalamanderr
Simply too strong. Simply too beautiful!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halleluja! (I spelled that wrong didn't I?) I can hear OHR music again! Thank you!

Unfortunately I can't seem to get this to run in fullscreen mode... I can only get a tiny box.

Ukelele no good!
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing how DOS is broken for me, I really need to try this.
Woo not-important-enough replies~~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ssalamanderr wrote:
Halleluja! (I spelled that wrong didn't I?) I can hear OHR music again! Thank you!

Unfortunately I can't seem to get this to run in fullscreen mode... I can only get a tiny box.

Did you try maximizing it?

PHC wrote:
Large-size enemy sprites aren't fading away properly. Only like the left most quarter fades, and then the whole thing disappears. Also, one of my games forces the program to quit at a specific moment, every time. I can't figure out why; it just happens between two normally progressing text boxes. Works fine in DOS.

Which game? And, which two text boxes?

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
AdrianX
..yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..good for you guys who have fast PCs..the program is too slow for my computer,i can't even maximize the screen.although the midi music is very very good..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of PC do you have? It runs fine on my 600 MHz PIII.

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Linkmax
I'm an idiot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It runs great on my 2GHZ AthlonXP except for the running from battle problem., I'm going to test it on an older computer later.
AdrianX
..yeah.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..ah,no wonder.mine's only a Pentium - 166Mhz computer.Although i am expecting a new PC this christmas.let's just hope you guys still have interest on supporting the OHR for DOS until then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdrianX wrote:
..ah,no wonder.mine's only a Pentium - 166Mhz computer.Although i am expecting a new PC this christmas.let's just hope you guys still have interest on supporting the OHR for DOS until then.

Oh.

Dear.

God.
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the one hand, I am glad to be able to play OHR games again, albeit slowly.

On the other hand, I've run into most of the bugs mentioned already. Also, it will randomly stick in a bogus save state when I start certain games, so far all of them being made by Moogle1, interestingly enough. Also, it seems the heaviest lag is at the title screen.

And it's kind of weird how it aligns the screen. Maybe it's just me, but it has the whole thing over on the left, leaving a pretty big black space on the right. This doesn't really even make sense for where it is. I mean, if it were on the bottom, since OHR uses a different resolution ratio than Windows, but at the side?

Can't wait till you get Custom done. You've got some kinks to work out, but this is generally a very good project.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PlayerOne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big lag on the title screen is the unlumping. My system freezes for about 30 seconds if I open Sword of Jade. There's definitely some room for optimisation there. Happy

I don't know why it would appear on the left. On my system the fullscreen version goes off the top of the screen which I think is because of the refresh rate (and that's why it starts windowed by default Happy), but I don't really have a lot of control over that at the moment. Does anyone know what refresh rate DOS actually runs at? My LCD panel is faking it and probably lying.

I'd quite like to do a res-doubled version, at 640x400, so it's a bit more playable in a window, but I don't know how easy that would be with the current setup.

I was never intending to do Custom, but it probably isn't too much extra work now. Maybe I will if I get bored and no-one else has done it. Happy
Velduanga
I heard there were bagels here...

Location: A town away from White Owl, I kid you not, unless he moved.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHC wrote:
AdrianX wrote:

You could get a better computer for $10. Why would you subject yourself to this?

Its called the Philippines. Hardware isnt exactly cheap there. Nor are computers there within the US era.

"If it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice"-Tom Clancy
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: