Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

New user, new game, plus a question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msw188

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: No rips in Hero's Journey Demo_0 Reply with quote

I am a little proud to say that not a single graphic or music piece was ripped, although several enemies are based on DW enemies. Everything is drawn and scored by me, unless you count the town theme song as perhaps a cover version of Whiter Shade of Pale.
Of course, I can't say I'm very proud, since most of the graphics suck pretty badly. Oh well. I'm glad you're getting through Part 2. Any thoughts in particular? You'll get three characters, do they balance out well? Xa's tarot cards always cost 7 SP (did you read the instruction manual by chance? Nobody ever does, I suppose...). Now do you believe my 10 hours claim? Part 1 is the shortest part, and there are five done, plus the beginning of Part 6.
msw188

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: No rips because... Reply with quote

Actually, I don't know how to rip graphics from other games, and I don't want to know, or figure it out, or whatever. I'd rather stick to my sucky graphics.
I also think that I'm going to redo common townsfolk, so they don't all say a lot of the same things. As I said before, I started out thinking I only had 1000 text boxes, so I tried to come up with things that I could use in every town. Now, I can go back and give each npc different text boxes.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The balance is pretty good, sometimes a little easy, sometimes a little hard. Most games are like that. Whenever I get to a boss the difficulty increases a LOT, but considering that you're trying to make it like DW, that's not a problem.

About the tarot cards, you should know that there's no such thing as a 'wind' or 'snow' card (unless you're using a tarot deck that I haven't seen, which is entirely possible).

Quote:
Actually, I don't know how to rip graphics from other games, and I don't want to know, or figure it out, or whatever. I'd rather stick to my sucky graphics.

Well said.
msw188

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:56 am    Post subject: Thank you very much Reply with quote

I'm glad that you seem to enjoy the game, and the balance sounds more or less how I wanted it. Basically, my theory is that level-gaining should not involve very difficult random enemies, but should be necessary to defeat the next boss. As far as the tarot cards go, I'm not going off of any set deck, I've just been going on what I think might be a useful (or not so useful, to add the chance element) attack. When more status afflictions are added, I will have more options for these kind of things, and then it may sound more sensible to have cards like the Page of Cups, or things like that...
msw188

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Go to Review Wars Forum Reply with quote

I've decided that my new game has been sufficiently announced, so I've decided that this thread now belongs in the Review Wars section (if you're new here, it's accessible from the Castle Paradox Forum Index). If anyone has anything to say about my game, good or bad (and I would very much like to hear anything anyone has to say), please reply to my thread in the Review Wars section. I'll still check this thread for a little while, but after a couple days if Chaos Nyte (is that who runs this thing?) would like to delete it, that'll be fine with me. And finally, I'd just like to thank everyone who has made this possible: djfenix for pointing the Castle Paradox site out to me, Chaos Nyte and whoever else runs this site and keeps it afloat (despite the silly error messages that occasionally pop up for no reason, since nothing seems to go wrong), and especially the Spam Man himself, James Paige, for creating such a wonderful RPG creation engine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: