Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

OHR House is Over + Contest!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JSH357

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: OHR House is Over + Contest! Reply with quote

OHR House is over.

Fact is, nobody is watching the show anymore. I'm not afraid to admit it, and I'm not afraid to end it either. It's a shame, but I'm not going to waste my time, Machu's, Giz's, or Uncy's anymore on a failed project.

Instead of just letting it die, I'm holding a contest for anyone who wants to enter!
Write the script for Week Seven, assuming it's the final week and the final votes have taken place (you decide who the final three are) The script doesn't have to be too long, cause I'm gonna construct three of the entries. You can enter as many scripts as you like!

Three people will win, and three of the episodes (Week 7, 8, and 9) will be made.

Deadline is July 6th!

E-mail me your script (otisfolks@ * aol.com) if you wanna enter. Feel free to bash any community member(s) you want, even me! Go crazy, but don't expect quality in the construction.

(Cross-posted from my LJ)
Charbile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it a failed project? I've watched the first one and a few episodes of the second. OHR House is the most successful work of its kind. I was impressed by some of the clever ways you managed the contests to make them easy to implement yet also entertaining in the first one. And this script contest is clever too!
JSH357

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failure or not, this seems like a good way to end the whole thing. I think the biggest flaw with the whole show is that it's a bit too long. Viewers have dropped by over half, I'm guessing partly due to it dragging on and on. If I were to start all over I'd make it just six weeks, but there's no point in looking back.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a delightful surprise. Letting the comunity have a chance at concocting a masterpiece of comedy and parady to go down in history as part of one of the OHR's most successful presentations ever. I love it. I have no clue what should happen next and what would be a good way to tie up the whole thing, though. You've set it up in a very interesting way. Also; my idea of ACTION is much different than yours. :o

We are getting lazier, that's the problem.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JSH357

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... what
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSH... Are you trying to be humble, or do you seriously not get what I just said? I am just a little concerned. Neutral

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
no_shot
Surpasses you in poetical prowess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw crap. I was just waiting until the whole thing was finished before I watched it. It's a shame that you would take that as me losing interest.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think viewer ratings have gone down because it's not hosted on CP directly. We'd see it at the top of the most recent uploa.... wait, that's not there anymore.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrir-Lunaris wrote:
I think viewer ratings have gone down because it's not hosted on CP directly. We'd see it at the top of the most recent uploa.... wait, that's not there anymore.

Even so, JSH made it a point to update the CP listing to bump OHR House to the top of the Newest Additions list after every release.
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the main problem is simply that there is too much waiting between episodes. Anyway, great way to end it.
Orion
Sick of the shit I gotta deal with

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're ending it now?! Aw man...

What a pity. Even though I didn't always vote, I did watch all of the episodes. Fare-thee-well OHR house.

JSH357

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder, July 6th is the deadline for this. No entries so far, so I'm gonna assume either nobody cares or they're waiting for the last minute.
Pako the True G
pako

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly the problem for me was having to download each episode seperatly until my desktop was full of compressed house documents and readmes and whatnot. But the whole House thing was the tightest thing to download on this site, since it came into existence.
JSH357

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you save every episode? You only need the newest updates as they contain all of the previous episodes.
Pako the True G
pako

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My homeade computer has trouble deleting compressed files. Oookay...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: