Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Survey: Religious Affiliation
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What religion do you belong to?
Christianity
40%
 40%  [ 19 ]
Judiasm
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Islam
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wicca
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Mormon
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Jehovah Witness
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Catholic
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Hinduism
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Agnostic
21%
 21%  [ 10 ]
Atheist or non-religious
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Other
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 47

FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Survey: Religious Affiliation Reply with quote

This is mostly a "interesting demographic details" question that I have been wondering about. And I loves me some statistics. So, please select the religion you feel you most affiliate with.

This topic is NOT for religious debate. Please answer seriously. Reply if you select "other", and even this is optional. You should also reply if you want to ask a question. You can also reply if you want to tell people your religion from the poll, but I don't suggest doing this if you value your sanity.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to whine about Mormonism being a subset of Christianity, but I noticed Catholicism is on the list too.

So I'll whine instead about Agnostic also being non-religious.
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
I was going to whine about Mormonism being a subset of Christianity, but I noticed Catholicism is on the list too.

So I'll whine instead about Agnostic also being non-religious.

Agnostic = questions the existence of god or godess (or plural thereof), but believes there is a chance (ever so slight) that he/she/it/they exist(s)

Atheist/non-religious = zero belief that a god or gods exist

I should note that I originally had a line in the first posts stating that I didn't care about specific sub-groups of religions, but also having religions based of Christianity for example on the poll would confuse some people.

So I guess I should say that if you are Mormon, put in as a Mormon. If you are a Baptist or Protestant, put Christian. If your are a Reform or Orthodox Jew, put Judiasm, etc etc.
Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted, but I'm curious what this has to do with the OHR. I know there's no better place to put it, but still... *wishes Paradox Lounge was open*

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Artharol
Procedural Nutcase

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: I voted too. Reply with quote

I voted as well. However, I'd urge you to be very careful with this kind of topic — I've seen bad things come from polls like this, lol. Moreover, it's not particularly "OHR-related". Nonetheless, Agnostic is me, lol. I used to be an Anglican Protestant, but I had a bit of a religious crisis when my Church stepped up the anti-gay rhetoric. So yeah. More than anybody wanted to know, I'm sure. Happy
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arth, what the hell? He said this isn't for debate, it's just a poll. I don't REALLY understand what we're supposed to talk about if not religion, but there's gonna be no problems. And even if it was a debate, yes, it would get heated. Religion is what most people consider THE most important thing in their lives, and it can get to be a very heated discussion of personal believes.

I personally chose Jehovah's Witnesses, because they're the one religion on the list I like the most. They have their beliefs, they don't mind sharing them, or trying to explain themselves, and to me it at least seems like they're honestly trying to lead you to Salvation, rather than making it the whole "Don't try and convert a Jew, God's got a little surprise for them, heheh" That some of the more major Christian Churches I've been in have. I'm not formally a member, I don't pass out pamphlets, or attend their temples or anything, but when I meet some at my doorstep, I give 'em something to drink, congratulate them, and talk to 'em for a while.

Now, the religion I really belong to the most, but I was afraid to mark for fear people wouldn't think I'm serious, is the Ancient Roman/Greek gods. Polytheism, to use the broadest term, I guess. I enjoy the idea of their being gods of War, and Love, and each of them having various traits and personalities, and even the fact that they didn't stay on Mount Olympus all the time, but came down to Earth in disguise and whatnot. It's really something I can put more money in than "One God, Indivisible, With Happiness, Or Damnation For All. Have a Great Day".

I suppose really I'd count as Other or Agnostic, or even Atheist because although different religions fascinate me, I don't really worship or in anyway affiliate myself through all the mudslinging. Interesting poll, Mitch. I hope a bunch of people turn out, and the admins lay off your back.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, can we campaign?

Vote Mormon
Music Composer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would consider me to be a Christian, although I refuse to wear the "religious" title of it, seeing as how people who embrace its title were the ones who backstabbed me and left me for dead after they gained my trust over many years. I believe that you can have a relationship with Christ without any "tags" to identify you along with a crowd.

Also, it has been an interesting revelation to me at the futility of the idea of "religion" in general, seeing as how it only causes dead-end debates that never come to a conclusion. This is so for one simple reason: no matter what religion you embrace, even Christianity, none of them can be proven with physical and tangible evidence. If they could be, then it would defeat the purpose of faith, which is defined as the "evidence of things unseen". Hence, religious debates are not even worth getting into.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Komera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm only voting for me. i'm a baptist, so i put down christianity. if alphaknight were to come onto this board (more than once every five months), he would put down wiccan. in the seriously unlikely event that other family members would see this, their votes would be: sis- formerly baptist, now atheist; mom- formerly buddhist, then baptist, now baptist/buddhist; dad- ??? baptist? atheist? i dunno. he has church membership but never goes.

that's the nice thing about this family; religion is left up to the individual.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling that this was spawned from the excessively off-topic Eggie's debate... er, art thread.
Linkmax
I'm an idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setu_Firestorm wrote:
I believe that you can have a relationship with Christ without any "tags" to identify you along with a crowd.

Nice words there man Big grin I voted also.
Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setu_Firestorm wrote:
Also, it has been an interesting revelation to me at the futility of the idea of "religion" in general, seeing as how it only causes dead-end debates that never come to a conclusion. This is so for one simple reason: no matter what religion you embrace, even Christianity, none of them can be proven with physical and tangible evidence. If they could be, then it would defeat the purpose of faith, which is defined as the "evidence of things unseen". Hence, religious debates are not even worth getting into.

Now those are words of wisdom. Why don't we just drop the debate right here right now? This really would have done better in PL anyway...
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you all BLIND?! Are you all RETARDED!? THERE IS NO FUCKING DEBATE HERE! THIS IS SOLELY FOR STATING YOUR OWN BELIEFS, NOT COUNTERACTING ANYONE ELSES! THERE IS NO DEBATE SO QUIT BITCHING AT PROBLEMS THAT DON'T EXIST, YOU FUCKING INSTIGATORS!
no_shot
Surpasses you in poetical prowess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose Atheist/non-religious, not because I don't believe there is a God(s), but because
    a) I don't like following rules that religions say you have to follow, no matter how good a reason they have for having them

b) There are lots of questionable people in and around the church *coughhustlerscough*

c) I don't like to be a follower
So, basically, I believe in what is real, not the bullshit that religion throws over your eyes (no offence).
JSH357

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is with you christians and starting religious wars?

Come on, it's just a poll!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: