Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

My secret project. The more replies, the more I tell

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPGrealm5
Sir, the Goombas are dancing again!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:42 am    Post subject: My secret project. The more replies, the more I tell Reply with quote

Yes it's true. I have been secretly developing a game. Unique in several ways, I'm sure it will please those who seek new ideas. So am I going to tell you anything about it? I'll tell you one thing: You can choose from three different characters to play as in the beginning.
Stay alert in case I leak more.
And...
does the idea of a unique game excite you or is it just, "I've heard that before!"

Last edited by RPGrealm5 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the creator's eyes, their game is always unique. I don't know what you have planned so I can't judge, but knowing something is unique but not what that is doesn't excite me at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SunsOfFlame

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.l Special:Blob VS Abstinence (The best game toever grace the Earth) is unique, evn thoit really sucks.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't already noticed, people won't be incredibly interested in learning about your secret game unless you've made some great games already and are at least fairly well known. I mean, if Capcom or someone started talking about some great secret project, there would be all kinds of news coverage. If I started my own game company out of nowhere and started talking about a secret project, I wouldn't get news coverage if I offered to pay for it! Well, you know, unless it was some obscene amount of money. If I offered some gaming magazine millions of dollars for a small article on my game, they'd take it... but you get the general idea.
RPGrealm5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. I haven't had enough time to make a name for myself. I have put Deadly Illusion on hold for now and am working on this full time. This is the game I am hoping will be what should represent me. I may have only told a little about it, but when I release a demo, I want it to be great.

Another hint: Depending on which character you choose in the beginning, you will get different reactions from people. Ex: You pick a guy who is 19 and you walk into a ale bar. Try to buy some beer and the bartender will reject you.

But...

If you choose a guy who is 26, the bartender will give you a nice hello, and offer you some ale. I'm not saying that this actually happens in the game, but it may happen. You'll have to see when I release it.
Mythril Man
The one and only Dude made from Mythril

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so Is getting a hello from the bar tender going to affect the story or gameplay in any way, because that is really what will catch a persons eye the most in a "different people=different things" game.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my upcoming story game, Live By the Sword, I also have a choice of characters. Jaqcues, Malcolm and Coren all play different parts in the story, so, of course, the story you see will depend on your hero. The size of your party will also depend on that, as it is dependant on the story.

For instance, if you choose Malcolm, you won't get anyone else in your party (well, except for fighting with Jacques at the beginning) because Malcolm kind of scares people away, since he's kind of insane...

Coren won't get anyone else but Adeline (and her only because she was assigned as his partner, and she ends up dying anway). He is absolutely devoted to his job and won't involve anyone who is not already involved.

Jacques, since his is the main story, does eventually get three folks that decide to tag along with him (at different times, of course, but they all stay with him), Eustace, Samson and Cecil (yes, I like to spout off names that no one knows).

But the really important thing is the change in perspective. In these three different characters, you will have different parts of the story where they will run together, but they will appear different depending on who you are. This is a device that is absolutely necessary when you have different characters who have different stories, sometimes intersecting. Different people react in different ways to the same situation, depending on their personalities. Lacking in this makes a game of that type boring. Please consider this while you make your "secret game", RPGrealm5.

Now, I have a question. Is the story exactly the same no matter what character you choose? Is the character choice really in just who is put in the position of this story's protagonist? Will he/she face the same things, same events, same situations regardless of the character? I think it would be interesting if the different characters' reactions had the ability to change the storyline (ie: a character would join your party in one storyline, but become your enemy in another, depending on the protagonist and his/her treatment of the character). Just a thought...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RPGrealm5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's pretty interesting. My game runs similar, because if you choose one character, you can see the other two characters wandering around. The other two in which you could have picked. I will post a preview for my upcoming game soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: