Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

"Light's Out"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: "Light's Out" Reply with quote

"2" is finally here. Thank you all for waiting patiently. BYU's net actually came back about an hour ago, but I wrote the included readme (I assume that isn't againt the rules Raspberry!)

And for your viewing pleasure...

This marks my 6th game in one year (not counting Super Battle Engine or CGlobe), which I think is pretty insane. This will probably be my last OHR game before the mission, though it will definatly get a director's cut after the contest.

Then again, The Ninth Circle looks promising...

*cough*

Anyway, this one is a LOT harder then the original Pitch Black. I can beat the original Pitch Black in 10 minutes, and me speed demoning it (I have printed out maps and know the puzzle solutions) took about 45 minutes for the best ending. So good luck.

Some features:

New lighting script (a lot like C's Raspberry!)
New side room style
A LOT more side rooms (I think we hit 40)
Maps are bigger and the graphics nicer
Co-op puzzles where you switch off between two girls.
Two stories, one from the past, the other in the present, both intertwined.
Original music by Setu Firestorm (though I didn't have time to place it very well).

Also Bam/NoBam is built in (just go to "No" at the beginning when it asks you).

Another thing...the file is passworded and there is no hint doc. This is because I don't want you loser cheating. In a month or maybe less, I'll release it unpassworded, with the scripts, and with probably a hint doc. As for now, youa re on your own, though I am willing to provide hints through threads/aim/msn/pms/irc.

Enjoy the game.
Sew
Just here for looks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, Setu always get's screwed over with music placement on games with light scripts, eh? :D

~Sew
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChocoSOLDIER
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at the library at the moment, but that's getting downloaded the second I get home.
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sew wrote:
Haha, Setu always get's screwed over with music placement on games with light scripts, eh? Big grin

~Sew

I'm just lucky like that. Raspberry!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sephyroth
Renegade Rebel Redmage
Class A Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The placement was fine in Purgatory.

It had a flashlight script Raspberry!
JSH357

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having some issues with this game... it's playable, but freezes for a minute and a half when I exit certain rooms.

Good music/graphics, though. I predict it*'ll win the contest.

*Thanksgiving Quest
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You apparently need to hit the Spacebar after leaving side rooms, JSH.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you just have to hit any key. It was part of something we never implimented (yet).

Edit: There as been talk that the first door puzzle is too hard (it is).

After the contest I'll have a mini-update making that easier. If you are stuck feel free to pm me and I'll give you hints. It's too hard, I know. Raspberry!
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Bugs:

It seems that entering and exiting side rooms seems to have problems for some people, and in an attempt to fix this error I'd like to know who exactly is getting them and why.

This is mysterious to me because myself and quite a few others (Uncommon, Mr. B, etc.) have gotten little to no errors, while others (Orchard, Minnek) seem to get them every time.

I know I'm running the current version of the OHR, with VDMS sound on windows 2k. I experience no bugs when entering and exiting the side rooms (though you need to remember you have to press a key to continue) and the game runs relatively smooth.

If you are having problems entering and exiting side rooms, please tell me where you get this bug and when (ex: before I press the key, after, it won't even fade out, etc). It'll also help to see if you are using vdms and the most updated version of game.exe (I'll check to make sure the included one is the most recent).

Again, very bizzare, and I can't fix it because I'm not getting any errors. I'd like to see if I can smooth this out for the next update, so please reply if you are having errors. Remember, the more detail, the better. Thanks.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I know you guys have issues with the side rooms. Why is it that you are willing to whine at me that it won't work, but you aren't willing to provide minimal information to help me fix it?

Please, if you are having problems with the side rooms, tell me what's up (or what you think is up). If you dont' reply then you'll get screwed over in the next update because I won't know what to fix.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, if you hold the arrow key when you walk to the direction you want to go, and press enter it messes up. Because of all the times I have tried that, that seems to be what happened. I remember it working a few times though. I don't know how much that will help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: