Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Extensions of Game List Stats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Extensions of Game List Stats Reply with quote

I appreciate the various game list stats located under the forum section of CP (Newest Additions Games, Reviews, Most Downloaded, Highest Rated) But what I would really enjoy is the ability for those sections to be extended with a more in-depth look at them. For example, the Highest Average Grades could go all the way down to, say, B-, or wherever the mediocrity line is drawn. The top downloads could go all the way down to, say, a list of 25-50. I would also like Newest game and review additions extendable to a little more than it is now.

The reason I ask this, is that to the person who is on CP for the first time, these are the games that will jump out at them, and that they will probably download. Thus, the games in the top 5 most downloaded will probably stay that way because of all the extra publicity. And sometimes I'm away for a long time and want to see how many more reviews/games were added since I was gone. A 'date added' feature would also be useful here, but I won't get into that.

Easier said that done, but if the idea gets a lot of support, maybe it's something for the admins to think about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I had thought about this also, and I think it'd be a good idea. However, you can use the search function to sort by grade or download count, so I guess it's kinda redundant.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually built it with top # in mind...so I could change it to whatever limit I wanted it to be...even was thinking of putting it into your profile where you set how many show up...

Those of you who remember the first few months of CP might remember it used to be a top 10....and even that ended up being much bigger than expected...a top 25 or so would really clutter the main page...but you can search and sort by download or review score.

Even if I add the profile setting, Guest users will remain with the default of 5.
is fantastic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it would be cluttered if you were just to change it from a top 5 to a top 25, but what I was suggesting is to make the words "top downloads", "highest average grades", and "newest additions" clickable and bring you to a new page.

But adding the thing to your profile would work just as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't you use the search engine to search for top downloads, highest average grades and whatnot?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but no one on the whole frick'in site besides you, me, and IM seems to know that.

I agree that links to a new page would be great if it could be implemented, or the number of game shown could be increase slightly to 7 or 8. It's not a nice even number, but does it really matter?
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Inferior Minion points to the bottom of the forum index...."How's that?"
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWSOME.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me a lot better than Hooked on Phonics did.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU ROCK IM.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me is giong off topic, but this is weird.

How the hell does Hikari no Senshi have over 634 hits?! It's passed games that have been out for YEARS. The two games that I've seen get hits the fastest were OHR-House and Hentai Quest (both for obvious reasons), yet thats just...insane. Are we having another Download Accelerator problem? Because that game's been out for...what...three months? And even with my blatant advertising all over myself OHR-Date and PB2 didn't hit 400 until at least three months later, and then someone bungled it up with their DAP program.

THE GAMELIST IS BEING SCREWY AGAIN. I'd like to see who downloaded that so many times, though. Maybe our same Brazilian downloader.

/me knows it's none of his business, but is dying of curiosity.
JSH357

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow: That's nothing. That 'Winterfold' game got over 300 downloads in a manner of weeks!
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but 600 is really hard to reach. Once you pass 500, downloads are SLOOOWWWW...
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cough* jealous *cough*
it just got there... especially with all those updates that was posted >_>;;
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horray! Feature implementation come to fruitation!

Interesting, Trailblazers, with the highest grade is just 25th by dowloads...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: