Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Epic Postponement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Epic Postponement Reply with quote

For those of you who remember, I announced that the Second Annual Epic Marathon Contest would be coming soon. Since then I have been doing what I could to prepare all the details, drafting all the locations, setting up the story line, etc., and all around doing whatever it takes to make sure it goes off smoothly. And as it may not be tough to guess, preparing such an endeavor takes some time. I had hoped to have the contest started by mid-September, but as usual the timetable kept getting pushed back because of all the details I needed to come up with and write down.

Here it is nearly mid-October and I'm still trying to get this thing ready.

But here's the deal: with the coming onslaught of contests this season (with the Halloween contest this month, JSH's contest next month, and the inevitable Christmas/etc. contest that someone is bound to announce in December), I've decided to postpone the Epic Sequel Marathon 2 until sometime early next year.

Some of you may have been looking forward to participating, but the truth of the matter is that the last marathon invariably fell into the middle of a contest blitz and community dedication to the project was embarrassing (nearly twenty people signed up, but most of the entries were given by people who didn't join until the last stretch). I don't really want to subject this project to yet another chain of contest madness like before, so that's why I'm holding off from launching it until sometime in January or February, pending that more contests don't show up to strangle the life from it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

To appease you though, I'll say this...if you need a clue: "You may find the location in an enclosed space."

Also, for those who seek the truth, you should search the milestone thread about the topic that helped gain my notoriety here.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eggie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad. It happens, just like the Great Potato Chip Catasthrope. Not like you can control it.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had a wireless keyboard. I could post from my bed and sleep at the same time!

Also, you don't want to have contests too close together, or people might not enter because they've had enough from the last contest.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note...my computer is literally a few feet from my bed...I don't have a chair...I lay here and type....

And I'm dead serious about that....

(Image will work sporadically)

I love my wireless keyboard...and my gyration mouse!!!!!! Nothin' like a mouse that works in mid-air!!!!!

OK...I'm done now... Oookay...

Aeth, Squall, and I were looking forward to this contest too...if I remember correctly. It was announced right when we were talking about the lack of contests...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. I was hoping to have winter vacation to work on it. It was fun to work on my Magnus entry, so I'll try my best to join whenever this epic is ready.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic; when is Moogle1 coming back? When is the 2 year mark?

As for the contest, well drat. I can't wait to see what you think up though...Magnus sequal marathon was ingenious.
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 hasn't even been gone a year, if memory serves. We have a loooooooong wait, unless he returns early. :\
Best procrastinator in all of North America

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still off topic, why is Moogle 1 gone? I've heard of him before, but as I'm new, I don't really now.
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's on a mission (Mormon). I think he went to Brazil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?! It hasn't even been a year!? When did he leave?

Man,, thats...weird. I'm Mormon (true confessions! Raspberry!) and I had some friends go on missions but it seems they have all come back by now...of course I am a SAD judge of time...

Yeah, he's in Brazil.

Ah well. Can't wait for this contest though. Hopefully my computer won't be gimp like in the Magnus one...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: