Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Requiem - Introducing characters new and old...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend - Huh. Anyway, its OHR monthly, October 2002, which is easily accessed from Hamster Republic's OHR Community page. Smokin'
djfenix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every year, the 48 hour contest is held in mid july. So since that OHR Monthly was released 2000, then the game was released July 2000, which is the same month FF9 was released in Japan. The NA version was released in November, and I didn't play it until the year after. What's my point? We've already said that Mimi is like Vivi, so... I dunno... maybe I prooved that I do pointless research? Lol...
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It couldn't have been in 2000, 'cos I participated in that 48 hour contest (walkabouts in Grief), and I didn't join the Zantetsuken community until March of 2001. Plus, Dimensions 4 was one of the first games I downloaded (before joining Zantetsuken, even) and that had the battle music from FF9 in it (Pepsi said it was a scottish battle hymn in his review, but he was wrong).

By the way, that link was from the January 2002 issue of OHR Monthly. Sorry, but you're wrong, Shadow (confused the heck out of me, too, saying that was from a year earlier than it was).

Last edited by Uncommon on Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
djfenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then that contest was held 2001, perhaps? Lol... I should look carefully next time XD
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying that Mimi was directly inspired by Vivi, but perhaps subconciously influenced. I myself regard Setzer from FF6 and Faris from FF5 (Amano concept) as the influences behind my piratey thiefmaster Jacques Lerosse's design. This, of course, doesn't mean there alike at all, or that I was thinking about them when I drew Jacques' first picture, it just means that somewhere, in the back of my mind, I had the images of that awesome Amano concept of Faris and Setzer's jacket and hair.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: